experiencing Connection issues with the servers

TheWarBoy2TheWarBoy2 cambridge Join Date: 2014-06-13 Member: 196523Members
i am experiencing Connection issues with the servers.
it will randomly go to red connection and everything will freeze. this is normally when i join games via Browser, and the game can run and i get in and it will go red for 5- 20 secs then it will un freeze and i am able to play but it will frequently return to red connection randomly.

http://pastebin.com/be2w9Dfv

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    You are running out of memory, or it is getting too fragmented:

"[1576.490] MainThread : Error: Failed to allocate 204704 bytes and will now terminate."

Can you attach your techsupport.exe generated zip file please?
  • TheWarBoy2TheWarBoy2 cambridge Join Date: 2014-06-13 Member: 196523Members
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2016
    in your NS2 folder there is a program called techsupport. Run it.. wait for it to finish and then save the zip file it makes, then upload it in this thread.

Also, what router are you using? (please dont say Thomson)
  • TheWarBoy2TheWarBoy2 cambridge Join Date: 2014-06-13 Member: 196523Members
    edited February 2016
    no i use a Virgin media Router but it is wireless as my dad's computer is connect via Ethernet cable
    Hmmm there's nothing in your logs that look suspicious. Not even the memory crash that you provided in your original comment.

If you are reliably having this red plug, could you do two things for me after you join a server and before you experience the issue : type net_stats in the console (~ key) and take a screenshot (F12 key by default with steam) while you see the red plug on screen.

Also type net_log 53 in the console IF you can reliably reproduce the red plug issue within 3-5 minutes. (as it will be spamming your log file and you dont want 20 minutes of that)

These two things, the screenshot and your extensive log should help find the networking issue .. since I am not seeing any obvious issue with your hardware/software/logs.

• KSwissKSwiss NYC Join Date: 2015-10-25 Member: 208760Members
    Please might you take a look at my logs please:

Pastebin Log Code

i ran the "net_log 53" in my conole but i still can't connect to hardly anyone. once in a blue moon i am able to connect to a server who then turns out to be empty although i never really know since the pings are all 999 with only a handful in the 70s and 100s and the players counts will often be wrong.

I get to through the connection screen authenticating and then its telling me it can't connect to the server OR that i need to verify my files (which I've done maybe 4 times now and then reinstalled it) so i know i'm running the latest build 287 now. and it says so in the console.

i use a Netgear switch off of a Timewarner business grade router. if you think those could be the culprits i can get all that info.

Please do you have any ideas for me.?

in the past builds i also struggled with this but now it is worse. i used to have to use a "Join Game" command through Steam even to get a game but if noone was playing i couldn't connect on my own. Find Game has never ever worked for me even though it says it fins 11 servers it just goes through connection screens and then Loading "fails to connect to server".

also how do you Direct connect to an known IP address in this game? i've been trying through the GameTracker app but even though i know there are players and slots available on those servers i still don't know their ping etc.. as its a worldwide search.

Any Help is very welcome on any of these fronts!
    cheers
    @KSwiss Would you mind starting a separate thread for this please if the following doesn't fix your issue?

In your log : "MainThread : Error: File 'lua/shine/extensions/roundlimiter/shared.lua' failed consistency check!"

Deactivate your mods in the mod menu in game, then exit and through Steam unsubscribe from all your NS2 related Steam Workshop mods. Finally, go to %appdata%/Nautral selection 2/ and delete the folder named "Workshop".

Now try connecting to that same server that you were failing to connect to.
    Again, if it fails please provide a new log of this in your new thread.
  • KSwissKSwiss NYC Join Date: 2015-10-25 Member: 208760Members
    Thank you that did work!
    . i find that its a little frustrating that there is no way to find that out or a warning about mods failing randomly, without going out to the forums. there should be a NS2 FAQ referred to or at least. Even for those mods you added through the direct game site on Steam that you would normally assume were being tested updated and verified and working with every patch those seem to to be the biggest culpits.
    @KSwiss Well, to be fair all mods are automatically deactivated for everyone with every new build that's released, solely to cut down on issues like these.
    We hope that if a user is re activating mods manually that they will consider that it's these actions that may be causing issue :)
    Glad you got it fixed