Subnautica - player glitches through the floor.

DuoMogDuoMog England Join Date: 2016-02-14 Member: 213045Members
Version 27764.
Corridor sections and moon pools randomly start to drop the player through the floor.

Comments

• RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    That started to happen to me a few times too starting build 28586 . Last time in particular was weird and involved the Moonpool as well. After building a Seamoth Upgrade Console inside the Moonpool, the junction next to it leading inside my base started to bug out and drop me under the Moonpool. The game still thinks you are inside your base and drops you on the sea floor. If youre lucky you have a way to access a hatch from your base and fix your character from the bug but the faulty spot where you drop out of the base still stays bugged.

By removing the Upgrade Console, the bugs go away and i didnt droped under the Moonpool anymore but replacing the Upgrade Console at the same place made the bug re-appear. Deconstruction the whole moonpool proved uneffective at removing this bug as well. After playing trials-errors for awhile i found out that placing the Upgrade Console on another section of the Moonpool, this bug was not re-appearing, thus ''fixing'' that issue. Im not quite sure what to think of this lol

Ive had several other issues where Corridors had such bugs and dropped me off, making the game think im still inside of it and preventing me from swimming in the sea (all i could do was fall to the seafloor and run on it (becoming trapped by the terrain eventually). Sometimes removing the defective corridor solve the issue, sometimes it doesnt. Ive reported the issue everytime thru ingame F8 bug reports.
  • DinkelsenDinkelsen Graz Join Date: 2015-10-05 Member: 208309Members
    I have been struggling with this bug on experimental for - I think - one or two weeks now. It is as you describe, the player falls through the floor of the base. I even built a corridor and a hatch under my base so I could switch to swimming mode again. You can also use the WARPME debug console command but I had it yesterday that this placed me on a glitched part of the base which was... lets say "not fun". :-)

Building an addition to the base usually cures it, may that be a corridor, a window or a aquarium. From my experience it does not have to be connected with the bugged section, any addition to the base (or removal, that works too) counts. Of course sometimes another part of the base gets bugged then...

Yesterday I was moving a very large base and thought, it might be connected to structures not being built or dissolved completely. I took down a few rooms and I thought the bug happened more often when there were structures that were not completly "unbuilt" due to my inventory being full. Maybe even not building a structure completely because of missing resources triggered the bug too? I need to do some more experiements.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Thanks for these reports, it's been difficult to reproduce (which we need to get it fixed). I'm going to try a few of the things in this thread.
  • kiltmankiltman Texas USA Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221884Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Thanks for these reports, it's been difficult to reproduce (which we need to get it fixed). I'm going to try a few of the things in this thread.

I have noticed this happens more when 2 bases have moonpools
  • gautebigautebi Join Date: 2016-08-31 Member: 221919Members
    This happened to me in the inactive lava zone. I was falling through the floor between two multi rooms. I got stuck so I saved and reloaded. Upon reload I was on the bottom under the base, and could only walk, and no O2 consumption. Had to build a corridor and hatch to get into swimming mode.
  • SempophaiSempophai Join Date: 2016-12-23 Member: 225387Members
    The same has just happened to me, having just stepped into my moonpool, through a bulkhead, from a basic compartment. I was previously partially dipping through the floor to waist height while still within an X compartment, while adjusting my bulkhead positions. Didn't have any problem like this till after installing a moonpool, not sure if the glitch was tying into the moonpool/bulkhead combo, as the bulkheads seemed to cause similar issue when working on them and not in the moonpool itself. The basic compartment has a moonpool at one end, a X compartment at the other, with 2 bulkheads on each end of the basic compartment.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    When I played on my potato, I noticed this happening more often with low frame rates than high ones. On my new computer it only happened when the cyclops glitched out and ejected me.
  • Crewman87Crewman87 Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224967Members
    edited December 2016
    I have two moon pools as well. One with an upgrade console. I haven't fallen through the floor as of yet, but from time to time the ocean does bug out when I exit the Cyclops. I had never encountered this bug prior to this update, however others have indicated to me it has happened before as well. I personally never had the issue until I went into the alien mega-structure.
  • Ande76Ande76 Heidelberg, Germany Join Date: 2017-05-30 Member: 230840Members
    This is still an issue. I currently have a small base by the giant tree as a base camp before the tunnel to the lava zone. I keep falling through the floor when in the prawn every couple of times I try to use the jetpacks. Once I launched the prawn from the cyclops and everything seemed fine, when I came up again it turned out that the cyclops itself had fallen through the floor upon the launch and was now gone. I can easily reproduce the error within say 15 min of game time at most so would be happy to catch debug/error messages if that would help. I should say that I play the game on a laptop with a core i5 and just internal graphics card though so this might be related. Doesn't really seem to be related to the actual frame rate as such, it really just happens in the dunes and inactive/active lava zone. Also I keep going through the floor when out swimming as well all the time.