Can't eat or use tools since the summer

yorkseayorksea 02556 Join Date: 2015-06-13 Member: 205461Members
Hi, I am a marine biologist and LOVE this game. Unfortunately I haven't been able to play since the summer because of technical issues and it's killing me.

I was playing on a windows 7 machine just fine then I went out to sea and loaded subnautica up on my mac laptop which I have bootcamp windows 7 on. On my laptop I wasn't able to eat anything or use anything. I tried reassigning the "use" inputs but still no go. Now that I'm back home I can't eat on my normal windows 7 pc either. Maybe I have my inputs messed up or something is stuck in a cache somewhere?

I uninstalled/installed stable and experimental releases, played with inputs, reduced graphics, I tried looking online of ways to clear the steam cache but none of the methods worked.

I am just desperate enough to try opening a new steam account and repurchasing the game. I don't even know if that would work.
Please advise.

Comments

• MerandixMerandix Netherlands Join Date: 2016-01-05 Member: 210951Members
    Don't buy the game again. You've got the game, and you've got a severe local glitch apparently. I can't help much but tell you not to rebuy the game. You'll likely just use the same files anyway. A friend of mine doesn't need to download his games (that I own as well) on my pc, so it wouldn't help you one bit but waste money.
  • yorkseayorksea 02556 Join Date: 2015-06-13 Member: 205461Members
    Thanks, I hope i can find a solution, I love this game. IRL part of my job is working with underwater vehicle imagery. I love the creativity in the habitats in subnautica.