Can't Interact or leave the escape pod since H2.0

hatedinamericahatedinamerica Join Date: 2016-02-08 Member: 212778Members
title says it all. game loads fine, everything seems to work just as it did a few months ago...except all I can do is move around, open the PDA, and open the ESC menu. Can't leave escape pod or interact with anything inside it. Rebinding keys doesn't seem to work, nor did a fresh install, switching to experimental, or whatever other random things the internet told me to try.

Lots of searching leads me to believe this bug is 100% unique to me and nobody else is having this problem? Kind of hard to believe, but ok...I DO tend to have terrible luck.

pretty bummed, because this game is excellent in so many ways and I really want to check out the new stuff that's been added. Every time there's been a patch lately I boot it up to see if it works yet, but no luck so far. Just tried another fresh install today to no avail.

you can tell I'm at my wit's end because I actually signed up for official forums to make this post ;)

Comments

• PaajtorPaajtor Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168634Members
    The game's Unity engine has currently some issues with key-(re-)bindings.
    At least on my setup, it has the habit to decide on it's own, when to use the L-mouse or R-mouse key.
    If you assigned your L-mouse button to an action, try the R-mouse button instead, or vice versa.

Also, the Enter key can't be bound to something else than opening the console (on my game, that is).
    So if you've bound it to "Use", it won't work...pick another key for this function.

Btw, do you have a joystick or controller connected to your PC?
    Unplug them.