Sea Emperor, Sea Dragon, Juvenile Dragon ?

Classic319Classic319 Join Date: 2010-11-06 Member: 74789Members
Hi Devs, i would like to ask some questions about upcoming super cool emperor creatures.

I've seen all models, skins and animations of both Sea Dragon and Sea Emperor.

I'd love to see and i expect to see both "similar" creatures added into Subnautica eventually, without one being a reskin or a replacement of the other(in this case it might be the newer Sea Dragon which will replace.).

But i am pretty confused with it what i saw on subnautica-roadmap trello.

There is
1. TODO : Sea Dragon (sea emperor reskin) for April
2. Juvenile Dragon
3. Sea Emperor Behavior

There is actually no actual mentioning of any of both Sea Dragon and Sea Emperor's implement but different tasks for each and furthurmore one Juvenile Dragon for new creature.

So, i have eventually 3 questions to ask :

1. Will there be then 3 different kinds of Sea-Emperor spezies(Sea Emperor itself, Sea Dragon, Juvenille Dragon)??

2. Does "TODO : Sea Dragon (sea emperor reskin)" list on trello refers that the Sea Emperor will be removed and be replaced by a new Sea Dragon as a reskin?

3. Is Juvenile Emperor a younger/baby-ish Sea Emperor? and if the answer of Question 2 is yes, will it be then a smaller version of the Sea Dragon?

I'd really like to get answers of these! And of course, what i want is all of them without removing any! Sea Dragon and Emperor look just awesome as hell.

Comments

• CassadoreCassadore Germany Join Date: 2016-01-15 Member: 211446Members
    The Sea Dragon is not a reskin of the Sea Emperor, they are two different creatures.
  • Natan378Natan378 Italy Join Date: 2015-11-02 Member: 208908Members
    There isn't a "juvenile Dragons" in the road map,but a "juvenile sea emperor", a babys emperor...infact in the road map there's a task of "hatching sea emperor eggs"
  • lorcogothlorcogoth belgium Join Date: 2015-09-14 Member: 207943Members
    the two creatures use mostly the same model for the tentacles so they just reskin the sea emperor tentacles for use with the sea dragon
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    lorcogoth wrote: »
    the two creatures use mostly the same model for the tentacles so they just reskin the sea emperor tentacles for use with the sea dragon

only thing is they already have separate models for both creatures. The looks of both creatures is different, and the tail tentacles look different too.

latest?cb=20150517234823

latest?cb=20150709233214

notice the differences in the concept pictures
  • BIPPITYBIPPITY England Join Date: 2015-06-06 Member: 205283Members
    lorcogoth wrote: »

only thing is they already have separate models for both creatures. The looks of both creatures is different, and the tail tentacles look different too.

latest?cb=20150517234823

latest?cb=20150709233214

notice the differences in the concept pictures

It's a reskin, Look I'll show you the animations

• BIPPITYBIPPITY England Join Date: 2015-06-06 Member: 205283Members
    They're both going to be in the game don't worry, If the Emperor were being replaced it wouldnt be on the roadmap anymore.
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    edited February 2016
    It's not a total reskin though, forelimbs are different, heads are different, tentacles on their ends are different. There are quite a lot of differences between the models. Sure no doubt they used the same base model to create both creatures but they took different turns in how they made them look unique. I'm quite familiar with the process because I've done the same thing with my amateurish 3D modeling. You have a base model you make and then if you're trying to make a unique thing but don't want to start all over you reuse the base model and make changes to set it to not be the same as the other one you made.

Plain point in case, they used a base model but from then on both creatures took on a different and unique look, that means there are differences between the two models of the creature. Otherwise if it was only just a reskin the model on both creatures would look the same.
  • SeptinSeptin Join Date: 2012-03-20 Member: 149061Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2016
    If both creatures are put in they could very well be part of the same species. The reason they look different would probably be due to sexual dimorphism.
  • lorcogothlorcogoth belgium Join Date: 2015-09-14 Member: 207943Members
    edited February 2016
    Septin wrote: »
    If both creatures are put in they could very well be part of the same species. The reason they look different would probably be due to sexual dimorphism.

or evolutionary divergence meaning that they share a common ancestor
    (bit how wolves and dogs share a common ancestor)

Also
    the sea dragon and emperor do share one animation its the animation for quick speed bursts.
    At 0:00 till 0:03 for the sea emperor and at 0:21 till 0:24 for the sea dragon