reaper leviathan out of nowhere

lunatictrentonlunatictrenton Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211825Members
Any body else ever have a leviathan appear out of nowhere? While I was recording, I went to the aurora, as I was leaving a leviathan tail appeared out of nowhere. It didn't notice me, but sure surprised me. XD

Comments

• RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    Those guys have a bad habit of clipping into the terrain, known bug yes... hopefully the dev's patch it at some point and yeah I've had it happen.
  • lunatictrentonlunatictrenton Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211825Members
    cool. It's kind of creepy when you can hear it but It's nowhere to be seen.
  • DinkelsenDinkelsen Graz Join Date: 2015-10-05 Member: 208309Members
    Those guys have a bad habit of clipping into the terrain, known bug yes... hopefully the dev's patch it at some point and yeah I've had it happen.

I even had one eat my while I was on the beach of mountain island. Clipped through the terrain rightin front of me, floated through the air to me and then byebye...
    wow, that is pretty crazy!
  • SpacedInvaderSpacedInvader Join Date: 2016-01-08 Member: 211083Members
    Dinkelsen wrote: »

I even had one eat my while I was on the beach of mountain island. Clipped through the terrain rightin front of me, floated through the air to me and then byebye...

I think that's part of the reason they moved them all so deep now. The devs also told me that they increased the spawn distance and decreased the aggro distance, so now you can see them way before they can see you. I tested it out, and you have to get within about one body length for them to even notice you. Kinda sad actually... led to Markiplier swimming all around the Aurora and never even seeing one... Completely lost chance for great visibility on the game's current apex predator.
    when I saw mine, the thing appeared about 10 feet in front of my sea moth. little hoodine mother trucker. XD
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    I tend to hear them before I see them. Vary eerie indeed.