New lead recipe

RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
Playing the latest experimental build and noticed the new lead recipe. 2 Batteries into 1 plate of lead. I think this is just a tad bit ridiculous, I'm still wasting copper ore to make those batteries and thus I'm still losing those materials. Copper is a finite resource while the mushrooms aren't so much finite.

I don't see why they don't just put in a recipe by adding Galena ore into the game which you can extract lead from as well as Silver and several other elements. Galena is after all a lead ore and it's common that you can extract both lead and silver from it.

Need further proof just look at the ore production section on wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead

I'm not so much as complaining but some of the recipes that use non-renewable resources are just a tad bit out there. Besides if they add galena ore into the game they can replace silver ore with it. Use the fabricator and you get two resources from one item, silver and lead.

Comments

• Dracon1023Dracon1023 Join Date: 2016-02-07 Member: 212724Members
    I agree, it doesn't make much sense to make lead out of batteries.
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    Making batteries to get lead? Pffft. *said with a copious amount of derisive spittle*

By comparison, the late, lamented Plumb Tree seems like a sensible source of lead.

Galena ore is the way to go.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    I don't see why they don't just put in a recipe by adding Galena ore into the game which you can extract lead from as well as Silver and several other elements. Galena is after all a lead ore and it's common that you can extract both lead and silver from it.

I'm not so much as complaining but some of the recipes that use non-renewable resources are just a tad bit out there. Besides if they add galena ore into the game they can replace silver ore with it. Use the fabricator and you get two resources from one item, silver and lead.

+1
  • DinkelsenDinkelsen Graz Join Date: 2015-10-05 Member: 208309Members
    Shouldn't it be "Batteries are made from lead" and not "Lead is made from batteries"?
  • lxhlxh Austria Join Date: 2015-03-13 Member: 202074Members
    Dinkelsen wrote: »
    Shouldn't it be "Batteries are made from lead" and not "Lead is made from batteries"?

Yeah, I guess the Devs just want a new humorous customer debate. And lead seems to be the perfect resource for that. Hehe