NSL Newcomer Tournament - Natural Selection 2

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
edited February 2016 in NS2 General Discussion

imageNSL Newcomer Tournament - Natural Selection 2

New to Natural Selection 2? The NSL has a tournament just for you! The Newcomer Tournament is a great way to experience competitive, organised NS2 play. It’s happening on...

Read the full story here

Comments

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Bump to open comment thread
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
  • YaluzanYaluzan Join Date: 2013-07-30 Member: 186474Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester
    Thanks for the advertisement @Hugh :)

If anyone has questions you can either check the more detailed NSL newspost here
    or you can ask them either here or in the newcomer tournament thread that is here
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    But.... Valentine's day?
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    But.... Valentine's day?

Yes, unfortunately the 14th is my bday. I had to miss the last tournament due to work. Not sure if I'm gonna wanna spend hours on my bday on my ass, so still debating this one.

Is there a link to this in game? (Unable to play over the weekend) Cuz with under 300 views, I'm thinking this may not reach the broader audience as desired?
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    2cough wrote: »
    Is there a link to this in game? (Unable to play over the weekend) Cuz with under 300 views, I'm thinking this may not reach the broader audience as desired?

This pls.
  • nanonoobnanonoob Join Date: 2016-01-12 Member: 211315Members
    whens the last day to sign up?
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2016
    I there an easy way to find out if I qualify for the next tournament or not? I managed 2 teams and was on the roster of one of them in beta, but not sure if I ever played,,,

Not that I'm any good of course, hence why I don't think I played.
  • HoliHoli Sweden Join Date: 2014-01-28 Member: 193600Members
    edited February 2016
    Was a lot of fun even though we finished almost last :)

I lay all the blame on Tyrwing (the team already blamed me :'( )
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    I there an easy way to find out if I qualify for the next tournament or not? I managed 2 teams and was on the roster of one of them in beta, but not sure if I ever played,,,

Not that I'm any good of course, hence why I don't think I played.

I happened to be on a div 1 team in beta, not that I was ever div 1 skilled. I never played in any official matches though. I don't think they care unless you maybe a returning Archea player.
  • cabooblecabooble Canada Join Date: 2015-06-24 Member: 205748Members
    Here is my cast of some of the matches from day one of the Newcomer Tournament:

(Feel free to put this on the front page or something o:) )
    Holi wrote: »

This makes it sound like the tourny is over... did I unknowingly cast finals?
  • TyrwingTyrwing Sweden Join Date: 2015-11-23 Member: 209435Members
    edited February 2016
    cabooble wrote: »
    Holi wrote: »

This makes it sound like the tourny is over... did I unknowingly cast finals?

No, finals are today.

But only 4 out of the 6 teams made it to finals, and Cucumbers didn't. Hence Holi's thank you, because for their team the finals are over unless they want to watch the streams. :) Thanks to all the players and teams participating. I am hoping for some good rounds tonight as well!
  • HoliHoli Sweden Join Date: 2014-01-28 Member: 193600Members
    Oh sorry about the formulation of that post cabooble, yes of course I meant it was over for us :) Not for the better teams, really looking forward to the finals tonight! And I wish the teams the best of luck in them!
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    Well played to all those who took part. Was fun to watch!
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2016
    Was a really really fun tournament, it's renewed my interest in comp play, big thank you to all teams involved, don't give up!
    Here we go! Day 2 of the Winter 2016 NSL Newcomer Tournament. Enjoy!