Abyssal Leviathan/other creature ideas

Wolfheart115Wolfheart115 United States Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211832Members
in order to keep players from diving underneath the map, (in survival mode), i suggest the implementation of an abyssal leviathan. its role would be unlike the reaper/emporer/sea dragon/ leviathan, it would maybe be a large head, large enough to swallow a cyclops. (as you wouldn't need its body if the abyss triggered a kill from this thing). maybe some really deep, scary sounding screams/moans right before it gets you. like godzillas moan. that deep (whommmmp) you know? i mean, you have all of that space in the abyss, and its empty. sure its spooky enough on its own, and it has some unique scary theme music, but i think players would steer clear of it if they knew this thing was waiting for them. another reason i like this idea is the sheer size it could be. an abyssal leviathan wouldn't be something like a reaper. you can observe a reaper, and after a while they aren't that scary. even though they're huge. but this thing, in the darkness of the abyss, combined with the sheer size that dwarfs all other entities....would never allow players to become unafraid of it. its just that, while subnautica is a game with some scary (HUGE) creatures...once you explore enough they just aren't that scary anymore. something like this would become subnautica's version of the "bloop" monster, or cuthulu, the colossal squid, the kraken, you name it. i know i sound like a stereotypical redneck, but these creatures just aren't big enough for me yet.

Comments

• NotAnNSASpyNotAnNSASpy UK Join Date: 2015-12-14 Member: 209978Members
    I whole-heartedly agree with you. The abyss is rather bland and there should be a deterrent to going there. Similar to the event in Spore where if you stray too far from land into the sea, a giant creature bursts from the depths to kill you, reminding you to never do it again.
  • 6ismus6ismus Florida Join Date: 2015-12-30 Member: 210592Members
    I think this will, if anything, encourage players to go there and see the creature which defeats the purpose of making one. The devs are implementing the emporer and sea dragon leviathan, so just wait.
  • MerivoMerivo United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-02-01 Member: 212466Members
    The abyss is the edge of the map. It shouldn't even be there.
  • ZetlinZetlin Join Date: 2016-02-01 Member: 212463Members
    This is exactly like the spore sea creature that would eat you if you swam too far and i love it
  • NotAnNSASpyNotAnNSASpy UK Join Date: 2015-12-14 Member: 209978Members
    6ismus wrote: »
    I think this will, if anything, encourage players to go there and see the creature which defeats the purpose of making one. The devs are implementing the emporer and sea dragon leviathan, so just wait.[/quote

The point of the creature is to make the abyss inexplorable, players may go and see it but that's fine. If they go down too deep (and maybe tunnel too greedily) then they will die. This, I think, would be a strong deterrent.