[~Bug/Suggestion] Tutorial review : res, alien res, mic noise, ressource goal

RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
edited December 2015 in Technical Support
Hi,

I just tried the tutorial for fun (I know how to play), and I believe the following should be changed in the tutorial :

1- When it is said "The extractor will produce ressources. You will soon have enough to buy the shotgun back at the armory.". I'd add that the resources extracted will be for both marines and the marine commander. AFAIK, nowhere in the tutorial is it explicitly said so.

2- [Tutorial killer] When asked to drop 3 hydras, I dropped a gorge tunnel (reflex)... and was stuck having to wait for 3 res = loooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooong. 3kj8qemg1ykk.jpg

Maybe prevent babblers / Gorge tunnel ?

3- The guy making the tutorial had some microphone noise when talking :/. Seems to vary; sometimes I can't hear it, sometimes it is very present.

4- [Tutorial killer] If someone drops his weapon, wait for it do disappear, he won't be able to press "1". 199v2vxtw29p.jpg

5- At the end, I was waiting for a "This concludes the tutorial" dbig4io9444j.jpg . Saying "Good luck and have fun" isn't a real outro, as I feel this could mean something is going to start (automatically) soon.

Overall, great tutorial, I feel this is much, much better and rookie friendly than 3 years ago (isn't hard to do better thought xD). I just miss the fact that nothing about the meta is explained, though that's another challenge.

I'd have in mind to go kill an enemy res node. Even if that's minor, since it is the basic of what someone should be doing in an active game, and since it is the thing less done by rookies (they prefer to stick to a corridor fighting marines beside an armory = zzz), I feel that some attention should be brought to enemy res nodes.

Red

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    The tutorial is being completely redone from the ground up, so none of what is there now will remain.
    But thank you still for the info!

• taiyotaiyo Vienna Join Date: 2016-01-02 Member: 210760Members
    Hello!

Even though I had already played 14 hours according to Steam, I could not join any servers before completing the tutorial. As I was playing afterwards but the game eventually crashed, the fact that I had finished the tutorial apparently was not saved. Now, I am asked to replay the tutorial again, and I'm not interested (also - how do I know this won't happen again?). I don't see much value in forcing the tutorial on players, especially if the system cannot even ensure that only new players actually have to go through it. Please include an option to skip the tutorial, or at least which config file to change accordingly. :-)

Thanks!
  • RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    taiyo wrote: »
    Please include an option to skip the tutorial, or at least which config file to change accordingly. :-)

There is. Just hidden. Open your console and type "iamsquad5".
  • taiyotaiyo Vienna Join Date: 2016-01-02 Member: 210760Members
    Thanks so much! Purrfect! :-)