GorgeCraft 'Sequel'

Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
I am currently working on prototype 2 for the a new game, a sequel to my NS2 mod GorgeCraft. I am working in Unity, and while I made a post in the GorgeCraft thread about it, I thought it would be better off here, as it is not really NS2 related any more.

I am trying to get a website built (i've had hosting for 6 months and a domain name for 8months), but I am useless at web design. Anyway, for now, here are some screenshots from the differing stages of development to present.

The Beginning: Prototype 1

Getting models built:
GorgeCraft2_zpsyfby1k2e.png

Adding Textures:
Adding%20Textures_zpssq5wc7em.png

technicolourMess_zpscwnb6iht.png

Adding Shapes:
freeform_zpsqkw14it6.png

2015-08-11_00001_zpsmvj26ohg.jpg

Now Lets Attempt Some Art:
Meditation_zps088cvm6j.png

New Toys: Prototype 2

With added snap-to-grid:
CompanyLogo_zpsuy6vwket.png

OnGrid_zpshnvi8rpj.png

Trees:
Trees_zps06jj4ojp.png

TreeofTrees_zpslzob5xcv.png

Writing in the sky:
Writing%20in%20the%20sky_zpsj3edq7tr.png

Mesh Deforms and in progress UI:
MeshDeforms2_zpsmbfygiap.png

Lines:
lines_zpsmhzzle8o.png

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Its is looking great. I like the new features.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    @Nordic - It's like the early days of GorgeCraft all over again. Add a couple of hundred models, and the FPS tanks :D HAHAHA

FPS%20Issues_zps2dfffttt.png

Yes that's a whopping 26fps (although in editor). Runs around 180 in editor at start of game. Need to figure out how to do occlusion that works outdoors without looking silly (pop-in etc).

Not going to be easy..