Flying fish

Morphine04Morphine04 UK Join Date: 2015-12-02 Member: 209672Members
I had an idea for a sub that can briefly fly out of water like a flying fish evades predators. Then obviously within an area that would require this sub would need an equally fearsome predator by gliding for a short duration. Perhaps around the island or around a previously unknown or damaged vessel that is capturable. This idea could work with infested waters, areas of high concentrations of nasty fish shoals around sandy shallow flats.

Comments

• EpicIan60142EpicIan60142 Illinois Join Date: 2015-08-18 Member: 207263Members
  • Mr_Rieper7Mr_Rieper7 South Africa Join Date: 2015-11-16 Member: 209299Members
    I was thinking something similar to the "flying sub" but for rapid long distance travel.

It could be an upgrade module for the seamoth;
    It would give a short speed boost when activated and if launched out of the water increases that boost while reducing fall rate. (glide wings)
    It would have a hefty energy cost and you would not be able to turn but with practice it could be a fast, efficient and fast way to travel long distance.

Good luck near islands though :wink:
  • Morphine04Morphine04 UK Join Date: 2015-12-02 Member: 209672Members
    Yeah near the islands and shallows adds a little danger, I think we are missing shallow flats in the game too, maybe areas the subs can get stuck (tow cable anyone?)