Food chains

Morphine04Morphine04 UK Join Date: 2015-12-02 Member: 209672Members
Would it be difficult to make certain creatures roam further and seek certain prey fish?

So if you wanted to capture one (idea for capture and possible display was in another thread) you could collect the required bait to capture it. Or just to expand a research tree to explore anatomy or characteristics of the different fauna. Perhaps this could give one of a few sets of goals/achievements in game.

Comments

• hugothesilverdragonhugothesilverdragon canad Join Date: 2015-11-30 Member: 209620Members
  • Morphine04Morphine04 UK Join Date: 2015-12-02 Member: 209672Members
    I was thinking about this some more, immersion is fantastic in subnautica and the more real it feels the further it draws you in, the games design has a stylized but realistic feel that works wonders, with light effects and the murkiness of the water you really feel you are there but mostly for me immersion is the world around and being able to stop and watch it unfold around you. Subnautica could be a great platform with VR for this type of escapism.

I'd like to see fishes mating habits and multiplying, maybe even dominant species of fish which cook into low quality or inedible food, a species that takes over other needed fish if you don't watch the numbers. Perhaps these species could be a bony fish with little meat that are prevalent in sandy areas where they have stripped away the wild life. Maybe introducing a predator to keep the numbers down, this layers in a level of management under the surface of the main game. You could grow baby predators in an aquarium then release into an area of the bony fish for control.

• GenophixGenophix UK Manchester Join Date: 2015-12-03 Member: 209704Members
    Yes given how awesome the systems are in this game and that the ecosystem is clearly a big part of the game some more complex interactions between the fish would be very cool.