Crosshairs

KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
Okay, I know we can make our own crosshairs, or use one from the workshop... but is there any way someone can make it so that we have crosshair options in game.

I don't know about any of you, but I have days were I play better with different crosshairs, so the ability to switch on the fly between 3 or 4 (or more) and alter the scale of them etc would be VERY helpful for me.

Comments

• FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
  • KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    no no, what I mean is having various different types to suite different moods... I have 2 - 3 that I already switch between, but in order to switch between them I need to leave the game, copy and paste them into my NS2 folder overwriting the ones that are already there and then run the game again.

I want to be able to just open up my in game options and say "use these crosshairs"
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    I knew exactly what you meant. :)
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2015
    We are waiting for the new menu to add custom crosshairs I think
  • KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Pelargir wrote: »

TBH, with the whole, NS2dev team thing, I wasn't sure if this trello is still going to be used... I thought the team were going to become an ideas factory to shake up NS2... not just a more fast paced CDT.
  • DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    @Kasharic if you upload your different crosshairs as mods on the workshop, then you can just activate/deactivate the ones you want to use. Not ideal, but still better than swapping in your game files every time you want to change them up
    Decoy wrote: »
    @Kasharic if you upload your different crosshairs as mods on the workshop, then you can just activate/deactivate the ones you want to use. Not ideal, but still better than swapping in your game files every time you want to change them up

Yeah, but that would still require me to leave the match and use the main menu to change which mod i'm using (I admit, this is better than what I'm currently doing) I just hope the trello thing happens soonish :P