viewer.exe scrolling

ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
Hey guys trying to use the viewer each time i select anything it scrolls down (not a mouse input or a keyboard problem and only happens in viewer.exe) viewer version is 1.0

Can anyone help me out? i am trying to create some animations and models here but this is plaguing me.

scroll scroll scroll, viewport, menus etc.

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I've used the viewer a LOT and I have never experienced this ever. I'm not sure what you are describing is happening. What is scrolling? The view?
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited November 2015
    I don't know why it only happened this afternoon, i've not installed anything recently, could it have been because i was using an old version of NS2? i made sure to switch appdata folders too.

When in the viewport looking at a model in the viewer.exe it scrolls backwards slowly, so it zooms out from the model, if i go into the menus it scrolls down? if i select and animation it plays animation from start to finish, it's a pain in the ass and i am not sure why this has started to happen.

It's not anyones fault but probably my own somehow just wondering if anyone has come across this? (was also wondering if any performance eating the viewer was doing was going to be fixed when it was minimised while a model is in a viewer, you know the one where when you move your mouse your cursor dispersal and you get stuck in the viewer and have to alt+f4/ctrl alt delete it)

edit: it gets worse, it's affecting google chrome too, but only these two programs so far, what do they have in common?
  • McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    If another (non-Spark) program is affected as well, then this is indicative of an OS change. Be it a driver update, OS update, etc. Computers, in all their complexities are just machines, so they don't randomly decide to go wonky. Something as _made_ a change. I suspect other programs on your machine could have the same odd behavior. Check for recent OS updates and see what those updates did. Aside from that, I'm not too sure except to say this doesn't sound like anything to do with Spark (Viewer, Editor, etc). Good luck
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    McGlaspie wrote: »
    If another (non-Spark) program is affected as well, then this is indicative of an OS change. Be it a driver update, OS update, etc. Computers, in all their complexities are just machines, so they don't randomly decide to go wonky. Something as _made_ a change. I suspect other programs on your machine could have the same odd behavior. Check for recent OS updates and see what those updates did. Aside from that, I'm not too sure except to say this doesn't sound like anything to do with Spark (Viewer, Editor, etc). Good luck

Haha the weirdest thing was no other program was affected till i made this post(i even tested on multiple programs except chrome!) then i realised i couldn't spell decided to go into spell check and it released itself when trying to pick a different word!.

I've figured out the problem, it was a 2.4ghz mouse receiver plugged into my computer which was somehow being activated even though no one was using it, i almost forgot i had a wireless mouse!

Clearly that's the first thing anyone would try, i knew it wasn't spark after that happened or atleast that's why i said (It's not anyones fault but probably my own somehow just wondering if anyone has come across this?)

thanks anyway, about that performance issue, ever had it?