In Game Icons

ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
So I noticed that while the water and sky look beautiful in Subnautica now, the icons for my stuff are blurry and too small. Even submitting a report is a bit off for me.

Comments

• fireboy633fireboy633 america Join Date: 2015-11-15 Member: 209279Members
    i was about to reprot this yea its realy anoying
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @simu @Ratskrone

I don't know why you are disagreeing with Soul rider.. he is correct.

Typically every bug in Experimental mode is known and reported already , as it is what the team and the playtesters work off of and report from.
    There are often many experimental builds in a single day.. so it's not really worth anyone outside of playtesting to report these, as they are either already fixed, reported, or known.

The public and stable build is the one that everyone should be reporting on.. yes it's still Early Access so there WILL be bugs, and yes there's a chance it's already reported/ known.. but at least there you're not reporting on something that is only broken for 20 minutes potentially during an internal test.

• ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    I understand that. But still, letting the devs know about anything that's off can be a big help. The devs and playtesters may happen to miss something and if it's reported in Experimental then it'll potentially be removed so the stable build won't have to deal with it. Plus if the devs move a bug to the back burner but players feel that it's an issue then that may convince the devs to work on it.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    You are absolutely right if you are talking about the main branch, but the experimental branch is a peek into what is being developed. It is not meant to be played, merely experienced.

Submitting bug reports for experimental is not helping anyone, and just clogging up the system with unnecessary reports.

Please only submit bug reports for the main branch.
  • RatskroneRatskrone DE Join Date: 2015-04-05 Member: 203005Members
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    Submitting bug reports for experimental is not helping anyone, and just clogging up the system with unnecessary reports.

If this is the case, maybe it should be mentioned in the "How-to report bugs" topic.
    Guess that all of us players who love this game and also like to contribute to its development will stick to this advice from now on.
  • VexareVexare Austin,TX Join Date: 2016-01-05 Member: 210942Members
    Hi, just curious if there's any update on this issue in the Experimental branch? I do understand experimental is very buggy. I really want to participate in testing experimental but I have this particular glitch (I did some searches here and on Steam community, it's been mentioned a couple of times by others both places).

Unfortunately it renders the PDA GUI so blurry I almost can't tell what the icons are making it difficult to play that way. Oddly, when I hover over the icons, the tooltips are crystal clear, it's only the icons in the inventory window and especially in the fabricator. This problem does not exist in regular build of course and I have played that for about 20 hours - having a fantastic time. I really love the new graphic look in experimental (the night sky and planet/moon blew me away) and the underwater colors are vibrant. The game runs pretty smoothly in experimental so I don't know what causes this particular icon blurriness.

I am running the latest Steam Beta experimental branch as of yesterday and I am using the Highest/Experimental graphics settings.

Intel i7 CPU
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
    Windows 7 64-bit

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to test Subnautica and I am very much in love with the game. Keep doing what you're doing!

Screenshot:

I4gOkwD.jpg
  • trhactrhac CZ Join Date: 2016-01-16 Member: 211513Members
    I have also blurry and low resolution icons in H2.O version. Its really annoing. GFORCE 750Ti (Windows 7)
  • LuitjensLuitjens Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73034Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    This happens when you are using the minimum setting, the game really recommends running on recommended or above.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    See, I'm on recommended setting in stable build and I still have this issue.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    on Recommended graphics, the icons are still a bit blurry altho its much better than on minimum. im playing on highest (experimental) graphics and the icons are all perfect
  • LuitjensLuitjens Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73034Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited January 2016
    Rainstorm wrote: »
    on Recommended graphics, the icons are still a bit blurry altho its much better than on minimum. im playing on highest (experimental) graphics and the icons are all perfect

Check your texture Quality under F3, to get there.. Hit F8, then F3-- on the left you will see texture quality numbers, 1,2,3,4. What is yours set at on recommended? Recommended should have a 3 for texture quality.

a2hzZEP.png
  • SarkothSarkoth Toronto, Canada Join Date: 2016-01-17 Member: 211592Members
    This is happening to me as well.
    I started a new game under H20 27090.
    I am running into 3 problems as I see it.

1. Even though I chose to play under 1920x1080 it set my texture quality to 1.
    2. If I go f8-f3 then try to change the texture quality by pressing 3 or 4 the game crashes.
    3. when using f8 then f3 it puts the 2 windows on top of one another.

so I suggest the following:

1. please set the texture quality to an appropriate level for the graphics mode.
    2. since changing texture level in game seems to blow things up maybe an option to do so when choosing graphs mode would be better before getting into the game proper.
    3. if you're going to put the f8 screen of the left side of the screen then put the f3 screen on the right side so they don't overlap.

thanks