Seamoth = 1 frame per minute(For fix read at end)

OperiorOperior Greece Join Date: 2015-03-10 Member: 201911Members
One day i took the seamoth fully moded for a trip from the island (was docked at a moonpool) to the mountain.
Problems start on the way till the frame rate droped to 1f/min near the spawn.Exit and reload the game didnt help.
Other ways i tried to fix it but failed was:Exiting the seamoth and swim away,Removing all mods from it,Change the name to original,Saving the game away from it,Saving the game inside a base.

Fix:
After all that i returned with 1frame per minute back to the Moonpool were the seamoth was docked.When the docking animation ended frames came back to normal but not for long.
I build a new seamoth and it was fine.
I tried to enter the buged seamoth to discover that it was a mistake,frames = 1/min
The only way was to destroy the seamoth (using my knife) after that,everything become normal again.The new seamoth i build has no problem even moded.....yet.

Comments

• ChaumurkyChaumurky Deep Grand Reef Join Date: 2016-01-01 Member: 210715Members
    Operior, out of the blue, I had the exact same thing happen to me last night and throughout today. Like you I tried to take off all my upgrades etc. but nothing worked. My Seamoth was unplayable (everything else with the game was fine). If I docked it into the Cyclops then the Cyclops would become unplayable at a super low frame rate. I found your bug / frame rate report and followed your advice which was to sadly destroy my Seamoth and make a new one - the new one works fine. Thanks for sharing your Fix! It was a game (life) saver! :)
  • ChaumurkyChaumurky Deep Grand Reef Join Date: 2016-01-01 Member: 210715Members
    It happened again :( After destroying the Seamoth yesterday and rebuilding a new one, everything was fine and I was able to play without fps issues. Today as I loaded up my game (Seamoth docked in the Cyclops) I once more have severe fps issues. I couldn't understand why. As I swam away from the Cylcops things went back to normal. If I re-entered the Cyclops it became very choppy again. I tried undocking the Seamoth and while taking it away it was experiencing severe fps choppiness. I left the Seamoth behind and came back into the Cyclops and everything was fine. So the issue really resides with the Seamoth. I really can't destroy the Seamoth and rebuild it every day :s

I am not running the game on experimental and I am using an iMac with 24gb of ram and 2gb of vram. Why is this happening?
    edited January 2016
    For what it's worth, I just wanted to keep this thread updated. Despite the new fantastic H20 update the Seamoth bug persists. Thanks to reading https://trello.com/c/jIrgdp3j I learned how to check out my FPS. @Operior was right the FPS goes down to 1 when inside the Seamoth. My Seamoth is still unusable :(

gJZiONf.jpg

• KalarnisKalarnis United States Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215435Members
    I'm really hoping they fix this. The same thing happened to me recently - as soon as I climbed into my Seamoth, everything went into slow motion and I felt like I was moving through quick sand. Thanks to the previous posters, I destroyed my Seamoth, built a new one, and everything went back to normal. Seems like a silly thing to have to do, but I can't really complain, since the game is still in early access. Otherwise, it's a beautiful game and I find myself mesmerized by the sunlight filtering down through the water - absolutely gorgeous environments.
  • ViscerusViscerus Montreal, Canada Join Date: 2016-05-07 Member: 216484Members
    Yeah this issue still persists for me. At one point I had 3 seamoths in game.
    First one of them was 'infected' with this FPS problem, then after dozens of hours later of game play, a second seamoth was infected. I destroyed the 2 infected seamoths (because they are useless to me and produce extra unwanted HUD icons) and now just use my last seamoth which remains unaffected.
  • Kojo62Kojo62 USA Join Date: 2016-05-09 Member: 216532Members
    This issue started for me about 3 days ago, and was driving me absolutely crazy until I found this thread. I'd even suspected my video card and had bought another one to replace it.

Also, destroying Seamoth with the knife doesn't seem to work anymore. So I took mine below crush depth until it was below about 10% health, then ran it toward a cliff at full speed and ejected before it hit (which was tricky, given the low frame rate). It broke apart on impact.

My new Seamoth has no signs of the bug. I just hope the devs can figure out why this is happening in the first place by release.

I'll probably just keep the new video card and use both in SLI mode, an unplanned bonus of all my frustration.

Thanks, this thread really helped me out, and my sanity.
  • MrRoarkeMrRoarke Join Date: 2016-05-16 Member: 216830Members
    edited May 2016
    I've had the same problem...posted my issue in the "Seamoth + Cyclops = 1 FPS" thread. For me, a good Seamoth only lasts for the play session that I build it. After I come back, the Seamoth is bugged. Every time.

@ Viscerus: How long have you had the third, unaffected Seamoth? When did you build it (around what release number/version?) Did you change anything between the last bugged one and your current unbugged one?

If you're interested, my rig consists of an AMD FX processor, 8GB system memory, R9 graphics card w/ 2GB onboard.
  • MrRoarkeMrRoarke Join Date: 2016-05-16 Member: 216830Members
    So I traced a potential source of my bug: One of my Seamoth storage modules is the problem.

Whenever my seamoths would succumb to this bug, I'd pull all the upgrade modules out of it before I'd kill it. I'd build a new Seamoth and install the recovered modules in it. Through a process of trial an error, I've discovered that the Seamoth only "bugs" when I've got one specific storage module outside of a locker. Whether it's in my player's storage or installed in the Seamoth, it bugs the Seamoth. As soon as I put it up in a locker, the Seamoth is fine.

I currently have two Seamoth storage modules, and only one of them causes this problem. It's weird.

Now, back to the other thread: When I park the Seamoth in the Cyclops, THAT is still causing a framerate issue, but I'll have to do some more trialing-and-erroring.

Cheers,

J
  • ifferiffer Join Date: 2005-03-12 Member: 45041Members, Constellation
    I just tried to replicate your success but no luck - pulled all the upgrades and stored items and threw them in a locker in the base. But the seamoth was still bugged (1-2 fps vs my usual 15-30)
    Back to using them as decorative lighting...