Add somthing like rechargeable batteries, battery charging etc.

KunoGKunoG Join Date: 2015-04-12 Member: 203349Members
edited October 2015 in Ideas and Suggestions
I think it would be the best thing added ever (ok, surley not, but very nice one)

Comments

• DinkelsenDinkelsen Graz Join Date: 2015-10-05 Member: 208309Members
    I feel that I have to explain WHY I am against it.

I am only against rechargable batteries / power cells in the CURRENT state of the game especially concering the Cyclops. Now personally playing a survival/exploration game alone on an alien planet, my impression is that everything - and I mean everything - should be centered on sustainability. Sustainable food, water and power. A recharge station would fit in perfectly and I think it should be there.

BUT, and here is the big, bad "but": At the moment, in the current state of the game, we need rechargable power cells for exactly one thing: powering the Cyclops. Everything else can already be recharged using the recharge-swim-fins or the moonpool. The Seaglide is the only thing that cannot be recharged that way. It only needs a battery and personally I can live with crafting a few batteries to power it. I use the Seamoth far more often.

Now powering the Cyclops with rechargable power cells has one big drawback (again, in my eyes, personal point of view): it makes the power constraint on the Cyclops practically non-existent. With 6 power cells the Cyclops can roughly go from one end of the game world to the other. If you simply craft 6 more, or 12 more or even 20 more - the resources are there, its just some grind - you can extend the range of the Cyclops almost indefinitly, which I think is a bad thing. The Cyclops should have a power constraint, just not one that is as constraining as it is now. [I wrote a long post (#13) about different methods regarding powering the Cyclops in the Steam forum, this paragraph is a part of that post]

So, IF we can somehow keep a power constraint on the Cyclops and have rechargable batteries in the game, I would gladly have a recharging station. At the moment, as the game presents itself now, I would rather not. Even if this sounds stupid.
  • KunoGKunoG Join Date: 2015-04-12 Member: 203349Members
    edited October 2015
    Ok, maybe ur right. But I think that they will add more battery eating things in future. I also have a new computer, so I started a new save, and I have problems with finding copper. I mean that i have 6 coppers, i use them, then I go for more, 16 titaniums, 5 coppers... Anyone knows other way 2 copper??

Edit: Thus bed limerocks dun't rispawn
  • CordeosCordeos Join Date: 2015-08-19 Member: 207293Members
    Recharging the batteries would take time which alleviates some of the making the game too easy elements. You would have to set up some kind of recharging station and wait around until the cells recharged.
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    Recharge? Definitely.

Even the ability to recycle depleted batteries and power cells would be an improvement. Sends a good message to the Locals, too.

Seriously though, I can't see any valid reasons why some devices and vehicles can be recharged, while others can't. In a true tech-assisted survival situation, it would make far more sense to have things that can be recharged or recycled. Adding 'durability' and 'repair' attributes to all devices would balance the gameplay aspect of using these items, while lowering the 'grind' factor to slightly more tolerable levels.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Simply placing a dead battery into a recharging station just sounds so easy that it'd be an unnecessary step, essentially just busy work.
    I'd much prefer either adhering to item requirements you must gather, or "build it once and forget it" like solar panels.
  • LinfomaLinfoma Portugal Join Date: 2015-09-07 Member: 207791Members
    once again i come to a post to desagree whit ppl that want an easy life...whit the water filter and the hidrophonics gardens that are sure to come you will never have to farm food or water ...if they keep this up very soon the only thing u will have to do in this game is swim around....
  • FocusedWolfFocusedWolf Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34258Members
    I don't mind reloading ammo/batteries into the stasis rifle and other handheld tools... but certain things *cough*cyclops*cough* could benefit from either recharging batteries or a nuclear reactor.
  • paradineparadine usa Join Date: 2015-09-18 Member: 208004Members
    I fully agree with this. I also think the Cyclops could use the bio-reactor inside (it is small enough) to allow the batteries to be used for backup once it is built. I also like the idea of having a recharging station to allow for batteries and power cells to be recharged. If we had a charging station to mount inside the base (about the size of a small locker and wall mounted while able to hold 6 power cells or 8 batteries) then we could change all of the power generators (solar panels, reactors, etc) so they don't hold a charge any more (or only hold 5 units instead of 50 like the solar panels) because the charging stations could be used to store the power for the base as well as recharge the batteries and power cells. I would also like to see the Cyclops have a solar charging upgrade.
  • zoidreaperzoidreaper New York Join Date: 2015-07-31 Member: 206571Members
    At the very least we should be able to recycle our drained battery's.
  • BullvayneBullvayne france Join Date: 2015-11-24 Member: 209453Members
    My Cyclops charge my Seamoth ... and solar panel charge my Cyclops .... :) ... but a recharging machine should be more immersive ... (maybe a Charging Machine like the Water Distiller)
  • OxraiderOxraider Join Date: 2015-05-16 Member: 204554Members
    rechargeable batteries is something we REALLY should have in-game...
    especially if you know in what year we already are in the game.

really dunno why the devs didn't implement it already ?

Grtz Oxraider
  • ed155ed155 tr Join Date: 2015-11-11 Member: 209171Members
    1)we need to build some kind power cell dock inside to base like cyclops upgrade console so we can place or remove any power cell to charge
    2) solar panels should charge this power cells
    sorry for my bad english...
  • GriffinCGriffinC New York Join Date: 2015-11-26 Member: 209499Members
    ed155 wrote: »
    1)we need to build some kind power cell dock inside to base like cyclops upgrade console so we can place or remove any power cell to charge
    2) solar panels should charge this power cells
    sorry for my bad english...

Agree