Exosuit Upgrades?

Seamothwizard44Seamothwizard44 Join Date: 2015-09-17 Member: 207995Members
What should be added in new update?

Arms?
Upgrades?
LEGS?!?!?!?!

Comments

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    edited October 2015
  • UnatanUnatan California Join Date: 2015-09-17 Member: 208002Members
    The Exosuit is for high pressure deep sea exploration, allowing to walk on bottom of the ocean correct? not really sure what you mean by upgrades, do you mean weapons upgrades? speed? not sure what 'upgrades' could be added.
  • TIEbomber1967TIEbomber1967 California Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208109Members
    edited October 2015
    I was thinking about the exo-suit last night, when pressure is added to the game and the player's character can no longer reach the depths w/o the exo-suit or a submersible, does that mean we'll have to walk in the exo-suit to wherever it is we need to go? Will there be a exo-suit hatch added to the cyclops? Will there be an upgrade module to the Seamoth that allows you to carry the exo-suit? Will you have to exit your Seamoth at potentially damaging depths to enter your exo-suit, or will there be some internal method of transferring yourself? Will the exo-suit be able to travel at high enough speeds to not need any of these things I've mentioned? Perhaps you'll have to build a travel sled for your suit, something like this perhaps? http://www.xl-shop.com/xlshop/product_images/Wave/Maschinen-Krieger-HORNISSE1.jpg But w/o the flight capability.
    Hmmm...
    Just some thoughts.
  • Mr357Mr357 Join Date: 2015-03-31 Member: 202777Members
    I imagine it will be very similar to the exosuit in NS2, in that you'll have two arms which can both be specialized for various tasks.
  • TIEbomber1967TIEbomber1967 California Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208109Members
    I was doing some more thinking about the exo-suit. Rather than add additional hatches to subs and bases, perhaps the exo-suit can have a sled. A sled that's nearly identical to the seamoth, except instead of the the glass bubble you sit in, the exo-suit fits in that space. You motor to wherever you need to go, the "mandibles" of the sled spread apart, and the exo-suit can go walking about. When you're done exploring/collecting, climb back in the saddle, the mandibles close and you head back to base. Since it's so similar to the seamoth in shape, it can be docked in both the Cyclops and the moon pool and can be recharged in the same manner.
    Another piece of tech does of course require another fragment, one that is only unlocked when you have the exo-suit.
  • Seamothwizard44Seamothwizard44 Join Date: 2015-09-17 Member: 207995Members