Lights

whobottwhobott Join Date: 2015-03-15 Member: 202193Members
While I was working on my base and night approached I noticed it was so dark I had to wait until morning due to no way to light up an area. The closest thing we have are flares and they run out and don't light very well. I suggest maybe adding something like flood lights or some form of light that we can place.

Comments

• blurbrerrrblurbrerrr Join Date: 2015-10-03 Member: 208281Members
    The cyclops is a pretty good source of light because its seems to have flood lights attached to em.
  • DeeCeeDeeCee The Cloud Join Date: 2015-04-11 Member: 203244Members
    It would be cool to have lights, I think is a good idea. I'm planning on digging some tunnels in my series, and it would be nice to be able to light them in that way...
  • EntomoligistEntomoligist United States Join Date: 2015-08-09 Member: 206958Members
    Perhaps we could use the chemicals in the flora/fauna (like the hoopfish and acid mushrooms) to create lights.
    Like fireflies, we could use the underwater creatures that light up and use them to our advantage.
  • UnatanUnatan California Join Date: 2015-09-17 Member: 208002Members
    Really need lights badly, and an electric fence would be nice also
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    The devs are working on adding lights into the game, and some kind of defense system for the base would be good
  • EldeberonEldeberon USA Join Date: 2015-09-28 Member: 208204Members
    Lack of exterior lights have been something I've wanted. It would be great for them to be usable both above and below the water. Either the same device or two different ones.
  • Mr357Mr357 Join Date: 2015-03-31 Member: 202777Members
    For the time being, just remember to make beacons. They're cheap and easy.
  • TIEbomber1967TIEbomber1967 California Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208109Members
    I'd like to have them motion-activated, so they can turn on and wake me up every time the neighborhood cat strolls through my yard, I mean the local stalker swims by. :p
  • LuitjensLuitjens Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73034Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited October 2015
    There is a flashlight.. seamoth make great floodlights btw, but dang it's too dark for you? Is your monitor brightness very low??, dark is soo bright for me I created sweet shaders to make it darker ha
  • spyrodragon50spyrodragon50 Indonesia Join Date: 2015-10-13 Member: 208453Members
    i think it is a good idea to have flood lights that are powered from the nearby solar panels
    also i think the bases hould be dark if they ran out of power because hell 0% power and the bases lights are on lol
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    There is only one light I want to see in this game, and it's this.

But seriously, jokes about retired military projects aside, lights that you can control would be amazing. I want to have some kind of searchlight on my base, so I can look down into the abyss. And then crap myself as I realize that there's nothing there. Lights would also be helpful simply to find things. If you give the entrances to your SeaBase lights, you can make it a lot easier to get inside without having to look around for three and a half years. When you first build a base, you aren't 100% used to it yet, so... it's easy to forget how the hell you get inside.