Possibly New Leviathan?

13»

Comments

• PlsNotReapersPlsNotReapers Join Date: 2016-10-16 Member: 223177Members
    Wait, how would a Leviathan like this fit into the story line, tho? It feels like it wouldn't be something that would just go everywhere doing whatever it wants...
  • technolordtechnolord Join Date: 2016-10-16 Member: 223187Members
    Conthrar wrote: »
    Variella wrote: »

Well I just had a terrifying thought: what if those aren't ribs? What if those are the legs of a giant, alien, ocean-dwelling centipede and the rest of its body is just buried?

That, would actually be pretty awesome.

is it me is that identical to osiris new dawn's evil deathworm thing
  • EsotericInkEsotericInk Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224533Members
    edited January 2017
    I don't know how to delete this post, so I had to edit. Please inform me if I can delete this.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    What about Crom Cruach? He's a Celtic pagan god. Crom Cruach is described as a wizened god, hidden by mists.
    v5dxlxxqje5d.png
    2ogpzihpgkt2.jpg
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    Did you steal my card, Dude? I've been looking everywhere for that.
    Did you steal my card, Dude? I've been looking everywhere for that.

It's only stealing if I don't give it back eventually. :wink:
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    papragu wrote: »
    lol the lack of imagination here. Why does it have to be "Leviathan" we already have one. Why not Twinkle Toes or Sparky or Pepy the glow frog or Lumeel?

Ok seriously now, how about Shadow Serpent or Noctiluca Serpent (nocti stands for night and luca means light)

Leviathan is a class of creature.

It'd be senseless not to call it that at this point.

papragu wrote: »
    lol the lack of imagination here. Why does it have to be "Leviathan" we already have one. Why not Twinkle Toes or Sparky or Pepy the glow frog or Lumeel?

Ok seriously now, how about Shadow Serpent or Noctiluca Serpent (nocti stands for night and luca means light)

Leviathan is a class of creature.

It'd be senseless not to call it that at this point.

Well, only if it's a dangerous creature. Leviathan is for extremely large and dangerous creatures only.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    only if it's a dangerous creature

Please. This is Subnautica. Literally every new creature is dangerous.

Maybe they'll have one be peaceful for once.
  • wowwinkwowwink Merica Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224596Members
    edited January 2017
    How about the name phantom leader .........
    The creepy thing is I didn't write this....ever
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    What about phantomfish
    *cricket chirps*
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members

Maybe they'll have one be peaceful for once.

• YodellJABYodellJAB Join Date: 2017-01-12 Member: 226589Members
    Variella wrote: »
    Also why would a creature have serrated edges on its ribs

Well I just had a terrifying thought: what if those aren't ribs? What if those are the legs of a giant, alien, ocean-dwelling centipede and the rest of its body is just buried?

I doubt this since:
    1. They are called "Ribs" by the devs
    2. There is a head belonging to the beast and doesn't look at all like it would belong to any type of centipede or buglike-creature (I mean it's an alien world with a squishy mushroom crab-snake so anything's possible)
    I don't mean to be mean or anything, that'd actually be really cool
  • YodellJABYodellJAB Join Date: 2017-01-12 Member: 226589Members
    Zundy wrote: »
    Seldkam wrote: »
    Or it's dead. And those are its legs / bones whatever. We'll have to wait and see :)

But that creature looks awesome. Reminds me of a Hammerhead shark

Hmm, Deep Sea Emperor? Possible. Then again we don't actually know where the LR biome will be... I like the Crystal Emperor but unfortunately it sounds far too solid to me, that guy looks squishy :D

Squishy Emperor?

Jell-O-viathan
  • SniperKirbySniperKirby Germany Join Date: 2016-12-26 Member: 225508Members
    As the lost river strongly reminds me of the river Styx (you know, the river that seperates the world of the living from the underworld) from Greek mythology with all those bones lying around I would call him "Stygian Ghost Leviathan" or, what I like more, "Stygian Meanderer Leviathan". Meander is also the name of a greek river god.

I also wouldn't just call him "Ghost Leviathan" as Leviathan is more of a class of creature on this planet. Leaving out the class in the name would make him just "Ghost". Sounds a bit lackluster to me.