A storm is coming...

Mr357Mr357 Join Date: 2015-03-31 Member: 202777Members
If you play on the experimental branch you'll see what I mean. :)

Comments

• R1600TurboR1600Turbo AZ, USA Join Date: 2015-05-03 Member: 204090Members
  • LordDerpLordDerp Netherlands Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207871Members
    What? What do you mean?
  • LightdevilLightdevil Austria Join Date: 2015-06-10 Member: 205381Members, Subnautica Playtester
  • Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
  • LordDerpLordDerp Netherlands Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207871Members
    Quit teasing! Someone give a conclusive answer please!
  • LimewaxLimewax Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208111Members
    Ok I think I found what he's talking about. I swam to the Floater Island and climbed out, there was a lot of thunder sound fx going off in the background.
  • LinfomaLinfoma Portugal Join Date: 2015-09-07 Member: 207791Members
    edited September 2015
    yes i know....last night i tryed experimemtal mode and first thing i heard was thunder...the sky was a litle darker and some wind i think but mostly just the sound...hope we get to see rain, wind /storms etc...
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    To everyone freaking out, he's talking about the thunder sounds that sometimes play when you're at/near the surface in Experimental mode.

There, saved you all a bunch of time.
    If we could NOT post vague nonsense like this, it'd be really great.
  • arpatarpat India Join Date: 2015-09-21 Member: 208074Members
    Also thunder sounds play while game is loading...
    Though I didn't find any visual evidence. :(
  • UnatanUnatan California Join Date: 2015-09-17 Member: 208002Members
    To be honest I get the sneaky feeling that what ever 'storm' is coming, it ISN'T going to be pleasant, maybe acid rain, something that will make living above water more challenging then under, just a feeling.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Unatan wrote: »
    To be honest I get the sneaky feeling that what ever 'storm' is coming, it ISN'T going to be pleasant, maybe acid rain, something that will make living above water more challenging then under, just a feeling.

Oh good, now the fucking RAIN is hostile
  • Mr357Mr357 Join Date: 2015-03-31 Member: 202777Members
    To everyone freaking out, he's talking about the thunder sounds that sometimes play when you're at/near the surface in Experimental mode.

There, saved you all a bunch of time.
    If we could NOT post vague nonsense like this, it'd be really great.

Where's the fun in that? I don't see how you can think simply telling everyone what the surprise is is more fulfilling than them starting up the game and seeing for themselves.
  • UnatanUnatan California Join Date: 2015-09-17 Member: 208002Members

Oh good, now the fucking RAIN is hostile

Well to us maybe, but might well be part of the eco system, like those floaters, once they break off a rock they just sit on the surface (forever), maybe a caustic rain is needed to burst them into their next cycle.
  • CrazyAcekingCrazyAceking New York, NY, 10003 Join Date: 2015-05-09 Member: 204307Members
    finally, my requests for weather have been heard! now all we need are newer climates, like an arctic zone
    finally, my requests for weather have been heard! now all we need are newer climates, like an arctic zone

There's already a spot for the Arctic Zone if you head east from the Mountain island
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    it's the sound of the aurora.....
  • CrazyAcekingCrazyAceking New York, NY, 10003 Join Date: 2015-05-09 Member: 204307Members

There's already a spot for the Arctic Zone if you head east from the Mountain island

my requests have reached the highest office... my lucky day!!!
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    lussebull wrote: »
    it's the sound of the aurora.....

I note that though the Aurora crashed some time ago in my current game, it still rattles and shudders. I would have thought it would have settled down into the sea bed by now.
  • TerraBladeTerraBlade Join Date: 2015-05-25 Member: 204886Members
    edited October 2015

I doubt that, it would cause to much of a stretch on the suspension of disbelief. If rain were acidic and killing us, then why wouldn't the ocean be acidic and killing us? After all the rain goes INTO the ocean, and judging by the amount of water has been doing it for some time.

However if there was a chance, a good chance, of being struck by lightning while on the surface during a storm that would be cause enough to not go topside. Never mind that it might also cut out all the free solar energy that I imagine most people depend on.