a few bugs [23853]

njs7t3njs7t3 Austria Join Date: 2015-09-21 Member: 208070Members
Today is the second time I have fallen through the moonpool since the animations were updated. I end up walking on the floor of the ocean losing no oxygen. I think moving the character during the animation may have something to do with it. I was hoping to post pictures as well but I can't seem to add them from my computer, only online...

Anyway, the SeaGlide is dominating the screen when the character is pointed any direction but up. I can't forage with it anymore because I can't see around it.

I also experienced a glitch today with the builder. After a few uses it ends up farther and farther out of my hand, floating in the middle of the screen.

Finally, I wanted to see if some progress had been made with the log, so I clicked on the tab in Inventory and was treated to a few messages in a foreign language (looked like Latin to me). When I returned to the Inventory tab, the text stayed on screen and I was unable to use the Inventory. I had to quit the game to fix it.

I hope that's enough detail about the bugs and I'm not an idiot for posting bugs from experimental...

Comments

• zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Fell through the moonpool - result:

Walking mode forever even beyond reloading - does the game never check if the player is in the right environment? - once this happens the game is ruined.

Saving and reloading results in a hole punched through the world at the players position under the moonpool area. The player sinks eternally into this void. No way to switch to swimming or using seaglide. Pinned to walking mode with gravity pulling you down.

Obviously the programming to find out if the player is inside or outside water is too difficult or otherwise a simple periodic check would save a lot of troubles. Is it really that difficult to check the geometry of being inside or outside a station? Or is it simply done by switch with no periodic check at all? Is there an emergency mode reset button or function call that allows to reset false modes?