What existing feature needs the most attention?

TheF0CTORTheF0CTOR A Galaxy Far Far Away Join Date: 2015-08-09 Member: 206945Members
edited September 2015 in Ideas and Suggestions
Most of the suggestions focus on new concepts, whether it's a Cyclops alternative, lethal weapons, or... no, that's pretty much it. Anyway, I'd like to see more updates like Seamoth. I want everything to feel like it was just released. I want the old, boring content to excite me again! I'm including a few examples of my own in each category, but feel free to expand on any category, whether you voted for it or not.

Comments

• Astropig_gamerAstropig_gamer USA Join Date: 2015-08-31 Member: 207625Members
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    I choose answer #5: Yes
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    I choose answer #5: Yes

This.
  • TerraPuerTerraPuer texas Join Date: 2015-06-04 Member: 205244Members
    The building aspect of the game is doing good but I'm running out of things to explore.
  • SanctusLupusSanctusLupus USA Join Date: 2015-08-30 Member: 207600Members
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    As playing with the Sea Base offered most of my game time and probably for most players too, I'd say that putting more work into it will still pay out most. Even if the Aurora and the Cyclops could be expanded, their expansion doesn't offer as much gameplay value than the Sea Base right now. What I'
    d like to see:

Sea Base:
    Floodable Base to carry underwater flora and fauna for farming and research and holding your underwater pets
    Laboratories for bioresearch, Biohazard incidents and medical treatment facilities
    Turbo lifts, underground shuttles and warp transmitters for long range connections
    Energy and pumping pipelines connecting Bases, Refineries and Power Plants together with disaster management and earthquakes

Cyclops, Seamoth and the Exosuit:
    Refittable Cyclops for different missions and biomes to hold either exosuit or seamoth and adapted to environment, like depth or rapid currents
    A submarine dock to connect the Cyclops/Submarine to the Base together with possible recharging, repairing or (re-)construction grid
    Exosuit and Seamoth customization (Seamoth probably mostly done)

Aurora:
    After repairing the radiation leakage the rest of the ship should hold more secrets
    Maybe the devs allow the Aurora to break apart and the stern to sink into hard to reach depths only reachable by a reinforced cyclops with exosuit
    Connection to open an end game story line including either the equipment for colonization or making contact with Subnautica intelligences (Warpers?)

From gameplay point of view, Aurora or Aliens should be endgame stuff and hold important tech to open up the difficult to travel map parts like lava and arctic zones. The Cyclops and other equips should be mid game and allow travel beyond the easy map parts like the deep reefs and caves. While the Sea Base isn't about exploration, but more the crafting fun of the game and be available after the first explorations.