Lore Suggestion: Earth based Social media and the destruction of the Aurora = no weapons

04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
>New update
>"Boss, updates from the Aurora state that the armory was completely destroyed in the explosion!"
>"Well send them some blueprints for some machine guns then!"
>"That's the thing, boss, our mission has reached social media, and various groups are protesting!"
>Several pictures of fake tweets like "TELL @alterratech NOT TO HARM THOSE ALIENS #AlterraGate2145" "@alterratech should work on fixing our situation on earth before oppressing another planet! #AlterraGate2145"
>"Damn, if it gets out that we had a full compliment of military technology on the Aurora, it'll be hell for our stocks."
>"But we can't just leave the survivors defenseless."
>"Fine! Send them an update for some low tech fishing equipment and say it's purely for fishing and throwing them back or something!"

>Player gets a speargun, lures, and fishing nets or something

Or something along those lines.

Comments

• Astropig_gamerAstropig_gamer USA Join Date: 2015-08-31 Member: 207625Members
  • SanctusLupusSanctusLupus USA Join Date: 2015-08-30 Member: 207600Members
    >New update
    >"Boss, updates from the Aurora state that the armory was completely destroyed in the explosion!"
    >"Well send them some blueprints for some machine guns then!"
    >"That's the thing, boss, our mission has reached social media, and various groups are protesting!"
    >Several pictures of fake tweets like "TELL @alterratech NOT TO HARM THOSE ALIENS #AlterraGate2145" "@alterratech should work on fixing our situation on earth before oppressing another planet! #AlterraGate2145"
    >"Damn, if it gets out that we had a full compliment of military technology on the Aurora, it'll be hell for our stocks."
    >"But we can't just leave the survivors defenseless."
    >"Fine! Send them an update for some low tech fishing equipment and say it's purely for fishing and throwing them back or something!"

>Player gets a speargun, lures, and fishing nets or something

Or something along those lines.

Plasma net gun would be awesome, speargun/harpoon would be definitely a plus. But you know what sucks about the dialog. Is that those in power would probably actually do that stuff.
  • TheF0CTORTheF0CTOR A Galaxy Far Far Away Join Date: 2015-08-09 Member: 206945Members
    Plasma net gun would be awesome

ALIEN HUNTING!
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    "The tech department has a stasis gun that could render all fish helpless without killing them."

"No too powerful and fantastic. There is a more useless version that can't impact on swimming fish and only stays for a few seconds with minimal radius."

"We could send a practical peaceful shock gun that could shock fish on impact for a long time."

"No really, we want to make sure the crew stays alert forever. Security reasons you know. If they feel safe, they might get careless."

"Is this the reason why there are no real survival devices like desalinators and oxygenators aboard? To keep the crew active?"

"No comment."
  • tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
    honestly the SPEAR is the most basic human tool people :P
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    "we've sent plans for the survivors to equip their submersible with torpedoes."

"What sort of torpedoes? I thought were weren't giving them weapons."

"They cause things they hit to spin."

"that sounds strange, impractical, and useless. Why do we even have those?"

"One of out technicians invented them for a practical joke."

"And you decided that that was what you would give they survivor to help him survive?"

"That was the joke"
    "Hey, our department just developped a cool shock defense for the seamoth."

"Wow, now the seamoth just can swim inside a swarm of peepers and then collect a lot of food!"

"No, we didn't mean that the shock can actually target swimming fish."

"Huh, WTF?"

"Yeah, we know."

"Hi, I heard from a team who uses the seamoth ramming the predators and actually killing them. They have cleaned an entire biome from bone sharks."

"Noooo! That's too effective. Our department must immediately replace hard ram damage with soft ram that only tickles them."

"... Why? Why? Why? ..."
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Really, if I were stranded like this, I would MAKE some weapons. Knife+stick=spear.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    But then you would stop playing the game and just murder everything that moves!

Lmfao I can't even write that with a straight face.
  • SanctusLupusSanctusLupus USA Join Date: 2015-08-30 Member: 207600Members
    tarek wrote: »
    honestly the SPEAR is the most basic human tool people :P

lol I would love a spear and harpoon. Sayerulz, I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought of that. :) 04Leonhardt that was funny :) lol
    sayerulz wrote: »
    Really, if I were stranded like this, I would MAKE some weapons. Knife+stick=spear.

Maybe "Survival" and "Peace" are incompatible?

But the marketing division and social media did their best to combine those?

cross breeding of survival and peace:

- stasis rifle
    - vortex torpedos
    - non lethal shocks
    - repulsion gun

now Subnautica is striking back:

- I got stinged by some lifeform and now all is slo-mo
    - There is this giant whale, when I came close he opened his mouth and a current almost pulled me inside
    - this eel shocked me moveless for seconds
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    zetachron wrote: »
    - non lethal shocks

Seamoth Lightning Cannon can kill a bone shark in 2 full power blasts.
    edited September 2015
    zetachron wrote: »
    - non lethal shocks

Seamoth Lightning Cannon can kill a bone shark in 2 full power blasts.

Yes, forgot the charging. But that's probably more than 50% power loss. Can't do that often.

EDIT: unless of course I have multiple shockers - which turns my seamoth to the doom of the shallow waters ... and probably those peepers too.
    Yeah and the solar panel mod is kinda OP with it.
    edited September 2015
    Yeah and the solar panel mod is kinda OP with it.

I always thought that it's main use will be when the seamoth gets ping ponged inside a horde of reapers.

A simple moonpool already covers standart travel recharges. Only warfare with the shocker would need the solar recharger.

EDIT: I haven't found any use of the energy efficiency module. It only eats up space and doesn't help much. Maybe they replace it with a speed enhancer module?