Should there be many secrets to discover in the Depth, that expands the story/immersion?

BloopBloop Germany Join Date: 2015-08-28 Member: 207553Members
edited September 2015 in Ideas and Suggestions
secrets as hidden locations, biomes, creatures, technology, a sunken civilisation like atlantis and other 'mysteries'?

Comments

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Stop with the yes or no polls
    They do literally nothing for the discussion.

We already have secret caves and hidden technology.
    "Ancient Atlantis" has been suggested many, many times and is still wildly out of place for the game.
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    Stop with the yes or no polls

Or we could not. Simple yes-or-no questions keep things short, sweet, and to the point.
  • tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
    yes imagine a 30 mile cave system 60 km under water ... in the dark I would live their forever
  • Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members
    edited September 2015
    These poles can get goofy, but considering our ship was shot down by something on the planet, could easily open the door for an alien ship which suffered the same fate but didnt land in the shallows. Went straight to the black depths. Also having foot paths and stairs in stone says there was something here once upon a time. what use is exploring if you cant discover something amazing.
  • Astropig_gamerAstropig_gamer USA Join Date: 2015-08-31 Member: 207625Members
    I dont think we need a pole for this i think every Subnautica player can agree we want more stuff
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    The_Shark wrote: »
    Or we could not. Simple yes-or-no questions keep things short, sweet, and to the point.

Exactly. They limit discussion, and only act as a "LOOK AT MY POST" graphic in the thread list.
  • BloopBloop Germany Join Date: 2015-08-28 Member: 207553Members
    edited September 2015

Exactly. They limit discussion, and only act as a "LOOK AT MY POST" graphic in the thread list.

I've examined it meanwhile!
    I cannot delete the poll!
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    I like Bloop's poll. I voted yes.
  • ReefseekerReefseeker Finland Join Date: 2015-05-21 Member: 204740Members
    Seeing that ONE of the main things is to go deeper and explore the sea, I'd say yes. If we're going deeper, it's only reasonable that there are things that move the plot forward, and other things like tech and gadgets too.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Old crashed ships, and perhaps whatever it was that shot down the aurora (the defense systems of an alien dreadnought that crashed here thousands of years ago? Just throwing around ideas...).
    I love how everyone is dead set on the thing that destroyed the aurora being alien technology and not some giant kaiju monster.
  • DarkPrince7256DarkPrince7256 Dallas Join Date: 2015-09-03 Member: 207699Members
    Despite how much of a smart*** 04Leonhardt is, I actually think his comment here was pretty ingenious. In fact I would love for the kaiju thing to become a part of the storyline. Like, we came here in search of settlement and instead was attacked by indiginous wildlife.
    Despite how much of a smart*** 04Leonhardt is, I actually think his comment here was pretty ingenious. In fact I would love for the kaiju thing to become a part of the storyline. Like, we came here in search of settlement and instead was attacked by indiginous wildlife.

It was the Warpers I tells ya!
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    I love how everyone is dead set on the thing that destroyed the aurora being alien technology and not some giant kaiju monster.

Because alien tech actually makes the slightest shred of sense. And don't use your "building bases with lasers" argument, it's a 3D printer.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members

Because alien tech actually makes the slightest shred of sense. And don't use your "building bases with lasers" argument, it's a 3D printer.

That is not how 3D printers work....... they aren't replicators from star trek. But I agree that a living thing that can shoot down a capital ship in orbit makes no sense. Why would it even evolve that ability?

That fact that we have a cell phone sized magic laser that can both assemble and disassemble a house, in seconds, underwater, is not applicable to this discussion.

My problem with it is that it's boring.
    I don't want to explore an ocean world and find other, equally advanced intelligent life forms.
    Any alien civilization I find, I want it to be primitive, like Cavemermen... Mercavemen... Mermen that live in Caves.
    This right here? This would be so f***ing cool that it hurts to look at it.

Leave the giant electrical storm to a more natural phenomenon.
    Like the Warpers.
  • SanctusLupusSanctusLupus USA Join Date: 2015-08-30 Member: 207600Members
    tarek wrote: »
    yes imagine a 30 mile cave system 60 km under water ... in the dark I would live their forever

What about your oxygen? :)

What it is up for debate. I mean it is reasonable to think that if it crashed on this planet it is very possible that it was from an alien defensive weapon. It could of been a mechanical glitch, it could of been a meteor that hit it, it just depends on what the devs find to be the best concept for the game if they ever let us as the player know.

That fact that we have a cell phone sized magic laser that can both assemble and disassemble a house, in seconds, underwater, is not applicable to this discussion.

My problem with it is that it's boring.
    I don't want to explore an ocean world and find other, equally advanced intelligent life forms.
    Any alien civilization I find, I want it to be primitive, like Cavemermen... Mercavemen... Mermen that live in Caves.
    This right here? This would be so f***ing cool that it hurts to look at it.

Leave the giant electrical storm to a more natural phenomenon.
    Like the Warpers.

Actually that was my thought. To have alien merpeople that are primitive. They have spears and claws. Living in the caves of the deep and hunting in the area. Would make it quite interesting :)
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    Maybe we could have both. Finding fragments from an alien species that tried to colonize the planet in the past but crashed and got wiped out so we can get new weapons and/or vehicles, then finding the natives of the planet and learning how to deal with the creatures by fighting or taming them. Just a couple thoughts, the alien wrecks could be used in a cave system as homes for the natives and they could mention how stranger machinery fell deeper into the depths. That is where you find the Sea Emperor surrounded by his guard of 12 Reaper Leviathans and 6 Warpers. One other thing could be that you need to make a translator to speak with the natives and maybe the Sea Emperor.