Building walls, ceiling, and such on foundations

IvanKeskaIvanKeska US Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207202Members
This is a simply idea that allows you to build a more customizable seabase, that is when you place down a foundation you can build separate walls on it to create a single room as big as the foundation itself or create 4 separate rooms. You can also combine foundations to expand things a bit more, so you could have a room spread onto the other foundation. Another thing you would be able to do is have a second floor but be able to look right down into the first similar to the Auroras reactor room.
Thou the downside to this would be the hull integrity would be less then normal structures and because more parts would be involved it would require a few more bits of titanium. But you can better set up your base the way you like and this allows the player to make their base less cookie cutter thus more of something they can look at and say "this is mine".

This would also go well with the idea of adding ramps and stairs into to the game, which has been suggested before. Also allow for a wider range of future seabase machines and objects.

Comments

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    So, less cookie cutter, more comprised of cubes and rectangles?
  • IvanKeskaIvanKeska US Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207202Members
    So, less cookie cutter, more comprised of cubes and rectangles?

Well the hull would have to be a bit rounded because it's a pressure hull, also you know what I mean by less cookie cutter. More being able to make your base unique and your own.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    edited September 2015
    I understand the reasoning behind the suggestion, but to say that current bases are "cookie cutter", when we have possibilities limited only by the player's resources and imagination, is factually incorrect.

Unless you and I have a differing definition of what "cookie cutter" means in this context.

Hell, I'd be on board just so I can put up fortress walls around by base.
    oh gawd you just made me imagine creating a reaper cage. Make a giant glass aquarium and lure a reaper inside then trap it. Imagine walking through your base and looking out the window only to reap a reaper you trapped.
    "Yeah who's the apex predator now ya shrimp!"
    "Aww look at you all trapped in a box"
    "Who's a big scary fish, is it you? is it you?"
    "You're mine now, buddy. I own y-*bumps glass* OH GOD"
    that would be scary as hell seeing it bump the glass causing it to crack and begin to leak.
  • NevercallmebynameNevercallmebyname Join Date: 2015-08-15 Member: 207155Members
    Please, no. I installed this game because it was comprised of modules. Adding minecraft construction to it would ruin it for me.
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    Hell, I'd be on board just so I can put up fortress walls around by base.

This.
    "Yeah who's the apex predator now ya shrimp!"
    "Aww look at you all trapped in a box"
    "Who's a big scary fish, is it you? is it you?"
    "You're mine now, buddy. I own y-*bumps glass* OH GOD"

"Ow. OW OW OW! What the hell is this invisible barrier? How could you do this to me?"