Suggestion: Beacon--management

lxhlxh Austria Join Date: 2015-03-13 Member: 202074Members
Hi guys,

I don't know how you see that ... but I'm simply not interested in any single beacon position at any time ... but I see blinking lights wherever I am and look. Six beacons, two subs and the pod is a little too disco and a little annoying too. :)

What do you think about a beacon-list to turn their blinking on/off individually by check-boxes? Just like a target/waypoint management?

Comments

• Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
    Turning sub beacons of or the safepod could be interesting. But only if you could reactivate them via PDA from a random location. Not to crazy about parking my cyclops somewhere and then diving in circles for hours just because every grassy plain looks the same.

And also something else. I have three Seamoths at the moment (two intact and one wreck near my base). It'd be nice if they'd appear in their color and had their name above them ... mostly the thing with the colors, the name could be nice if you get closer.
  • lxhlxh Austria Join Date: 2015-03-13 Member: 202074Members
    But only if you could reactivate them via PDA from a random location.

Well, PDA-beacon-management seems logical because the "lights" are HUD simulated anyway. I'd also name them there.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Id vote yes for that.
    edited September 2015
    Yeah, and the best: There'd be no change for all disco lovers. New subs or beacons are on by default. :smiley:
    Edit: PS: And submarine beacon-lights should be set to ON automatically by leaving them.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    tbh, I suggested a more manageable interface a while back through the build-in feedback menu.
    But priorities I guess. :P
  • SkyninSkynin Russia Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206915Members
    I always thought that they should be controlled through special tab in PDA.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    If you press F6 during the game it turns off all beacon pings, sub silhouettes and various other on-screen displays. Press it again and you lose the face mask borders. Press it a third time and everything comes back.
    edited September 2015
    Yes but then - unfortunately - the whole HUD is missing while the beacon fonts are still there. And when you need to navigate a waypoint you have to watch all the others. Please imagine a smarter solution :smiley: