You can actually see the island now

crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members
I just noticed, at least in experimental, you can see the island from the lifepod now. Also, I noticed to the northeast there's this huge mountain like structure. Has anyone explored over there yet? Any reapers?

Comments

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Can you get a pic of the mountain structure?

It might be the Monolith.
  • crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members
    z29axqzmwl0r.png
    Here is the floating island as seen from the lifepod.
  • crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members
    edited September 2015
    Can you get a pic of the mountain structure?

It might be the Monolith.

z4vyo9f54ktk.jpg

And here is the huge mountain opposite of the island to the North East
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Oh, cool.

>Dat high up cave
    >Flying monster, maybe

What all is in the water around it?
    Oh, cool.

>Dat high up cave
    >Flying monster, maybe

I'm not sure. Where I took the picture was the edge of a kelp forest going into a grassy plateaus biome. From my previous exploration I think its just beyond the Koosh zone biome. I never could go beyond the koosh zone though since I'm terrified of reapers. Well, I guess the abyss in general. I just can't take it staring out into the deep and not knowing whats there.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    crane476 wrote: »
    Oh, cool.

>Dat high up cave
    >Flying monster, maybe

I'm not sure. Where I took the picture was the edge of a kelp forest going into a grassy plateaus biome. From my previous exploration I think its just beyond the Koosh zone biome. I never could go beyond the koosh zone though since I'm terrified of reapers. Well, I guess the abyss in general. I just can't take it staring out into the deep and not knowing whats there.

I'd suggest going to the very bottom so you have at least some way to know there's ground below you

As for reapers, well, they don't really pop up everywhere you know. They only really spawn in certain places, not every place there is deep sand
    edited September 2015
    Looked around in Freecam

It's just beyond the Kelp Forest. No Reapers there.
    There's a bunch of caves underneath with Magnetite and Lithium and a bunch of ore chunks.
    Nothing really hostile.

I am so building my base here.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    I am so building my base here.

Bad idea man. If there's Magnetite, Lithium, and it's near the Koosh Zone then it means only one thing. This is the Mountains biome that's being worked on. The one that's going to be the next spawn area for your favorite buddy Mr. Chuckles the ass Reaper. Now he'll be in the Dunes, Mountain, and near the aurora. I say bail out immediately. You don't want to be in a seabase there when Satan's pet comes for you.
    Yeah I heard him roaring as I was walking around on the island.

found him lurking way down low, near the Mushroom Forest.

JUST when I thought I had found the perfect place for my evil lair.
  • Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members
    Finally the magnetite shows back up. On a second note, that cave up top makes me think of some huge flying reptilian thing, and it makes the shriek that pterodactyls made in Johnny Quest.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members

At least we'll have Torpedos for the Seamoth soon, maybe then we can wipe the smug looks off of these Reapers
  • Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members
    edited September 2015
    What are the coords of that pointy island?

EDIT: ok I cant see that pointy island, but I did find a place under water where the magnetite lives and the reaper. Be careful down there, the reaper is still swimming in and out of the rock face so he can sneak up on ya. Dont think they have fixed that around the aurora either.
    What are the coords of that pointy island?

EDIT: ok I cant see that pointy island, but I did find a place under water where the magnetite lives and the reaper. Be careful down there, the reaper is still swimming in and out of the rock face so he can sneak up on ya. Dont think they have fixed that around the aurora either.

Dude you are literally a stone's throw away from the island. Head up to the surface and look around.

At least we'll have Torpedos for the Seamoth soon, maybe then we can wipe the smug looks off of these Reapers

The torpedoes are non-lethal though. All they do is create an underwater vortex that flings all small lifeforms away in all directions. Don't know how effective that will be against a reaper.
    So I decided to look for the Reaper and luckily I can see the Mountain biome from my seabase.2pabxdsxd73m.jpg
    I went over there and my Framerate was terrible, partly due to my computer not being strong enough for the minimum settings, partly due to the giant air bridge I'm making, and partly due to this being a new area. I couldn't find anything near there because of this and when I went Freecam mode this happened.
    s888olh2wfk5.jpg
    I think I've had enough weirdness for one day.
    So I decided to look for the Reaper and luckily I can see the Mountain biome from my seabase.2pabxdsxd73m.jpg
    I went over there and my Framerate was terrible, partly due to my computer not being strong enough for the minimum settings, partly due to the giant air bridge I'm making, and partly due to this being a new area. I couldn't find anything near there because of this and when I went Freecam mode this happened.
    s888olh2wfk5.jpg
    I think I've had enough weirdness for one day.

I used freecam mode to go over to the mountain and liked what I found. Its an island just like the floater island with plant life, birds, and awesome caves. If it wasn't for the reaper I'd build a base in the cave at the top of the mountain.
    Hmm... I wonder where the sea EMPEROR will be if the reaper is apparently guarding certain areas of interest.

Anyways, I want to check this out, I wonder if we will see a creature living in the /on the island
    Seldkam wrote: »
    Hmm... I wonder where the sea EMPEROR will be if the reaper is apparently guarding certain areas of interest.

Anyways, I want to check this out, I wonder if we will see a creature living in the /on the island

Well, I believe the reapers are guarding these areas because they're still in development. For example, before the underwater islands were completed a reaper was guarding that area as well.
    Seldkam wrote: »

Well, I believe the reapers are guarding these areas because they're still in development. For example, before the underwater islands were completed a reaper was guarding that area as well.

Weird. I wonder why the devs decided to put a reaper in that area... it's not like it will actually scare people away if they really want to see the area xD

I hope the Emperor is (and I will keep hoping for this) near a massive open ocean biome :) (where things get ACTUALLY scary lol, nothing but water)

That makes sense. The Reapers must be near the Aurora still because the Devs aren't done with their plans for it (Not to mention giving us a challenge). The Dunes Biome I can understand as well since there's not much out there yet. The mountain however, I don't know what the devs are thinking for this, I just hope the Reaper leaves soon