Boobs for my avatar would be great!

BrieyaBrieya Las Vegas, NV Join Date: 2015-06-12 Member: 205419Members
I understand why the avatar is headless when we go into free camera mode. I do. But do I have to be a guy? Can we at least choose gender, please?

Comments

• ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    We've been working on a female version of the player you can see here: https://sketchfab.com/models/7f00f200e2524152a8d22ac2416f2127
  • Astropig_gamerAstropig_gamer USA Join Date: 2015-08-31 Member: 207625Members
    she scares me... but adding new player models would be cool heck even character customization would be even better being able to change the color of your suit would be amazing
  • tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
    u want to look down on ur own boobs dont you :P
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    tarek wrote: »
    u want to look down on ur own boobs dont you :P

I mean yeah
  • Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
    This is pretty nice!

Although some bangs could do miracles...
  • IvanKeskaIvanKeska US Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207202Members
    omg I'm laughing so hard at this thread, not because of the idea but the comments
  • jjust19jjust19 Australia Join Date: 2015-08-28 Member: 207535Members
    I'd love to play as a female in the game. I'm kind of sick of games only having male protagonists. Though, I don't like the idea of players only choosing the female model because of their fascination with boobs.
    Hey if we wanna be girl for her body so what
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    edited September 2015
    jjust19 wrote: »
    I'd love to play as a female in the game. I'm kind of sick of games only having male protagonists. Though, I don't like the idea of players only choosing the female model because of their fascination with boobs.

Is this relevant?
    The_Shark wrote: »

Is this relevant?

Completely.
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    The_Shark wrote: »

Is this relevant?

Completely.

Good. Just checking.
    nah i dont think its really relevant
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    I'm kind of sick of games only having male protagonists.

There are literally hundreds of thousands of examples that I could give you where that isn't the case.

Nonsense aside, I wonder how choosing your character will be implemented.
    I don't think a "Pick the Gender of your Diver" menu before you start every new game would really mesh well with the current setup.

How could this be done without it being obtrusive?

There are literally hundreds of thousands of examples that I could give you where that isn't the case.

I don't think a "Pick the Gender of your Diver" menu before you start every new game would really mesh well with the current setup.

Oh really? I'd love you to name them, by heart, without Googling.

Anyway, I digress. The game already lets you pick your gamemode, so a menu for gender would be nice. It's just a two-second thing.

i completely agree
    Metroid, Portal, Tomb Raider, Bayonetta, The Alien video games, Alone in the Dark, Perfect Dark, Beyond Good and Evil, Dino Crisis, Touhou, Hyperdimension Neptunia, The new Final Fantasy games with that Lightning chick, Fire Emblem

I can keep going

Maybe two small round buttons in the corner of the gamemode tiles to pick which Diver you want to use would work
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members

Oh really? I'd love you to name them, by heart, without Googling.

Anyway, I digress. The game already lets you pick your gamemode, so a menu for gender would be nice. It's just a two-second thing.

Kingdom Hearts BBS: Aqua
    Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days: Xion
    Lara Croft
    Bayonetta
    Pokemon (Since the third gen I believe)

The list goes on. Don't say that there are only male protagonists in games.
    edited September 2015
    BO3 will have female protagonist many games do not including the roleplay games were you pick your character plus the game is not about gender its about exploration and survival last thing this community wants is a bunch of feminists coming in complaining that they have a male as main character. just be happy the devs brought us this masterpiece
    BO3 will have female protagonist many games do not including the roleplay games were you pick your character plus the game is not about gender its about exploration and survival last thing this community wants is a bunch of feminists coming in complaining that they have a male as main character. just be happy the devs brought us this masterpiece

Now hold on there, boss. Wanting a female character isn't too much to ask, especially since they've already made a female character model.

Hell I'd ask for a robot/android character as well.

2174824-atlas.jpg
    yas a robot would be nice
    edited September 2015

Honey, I'm not made about there only being a male model to play as, I'm more peeved at the fact that half the comments in this discussion contain the word "boobs" in them when there's a lot more to appreciate about the new player model.

And not to be rude and all, but the majority of games stated related more to easter eggs (Samus), sex appeal (Tomb Raider & Bayonetta) or keeping in tune with movie lore (Alien). I'd admit though, I haven't played the majority of the other games as I am a very busy person.

And lastly, if you believe women should be treated equally to men and have the same opportunities etc., then that makes you a feminist my friend.

EDIT: just fixing some grammatical errors.
    edited September 2015
    but wait then there would be no point in eating
    yas a robot would be nice

edited September 2015
    And just like that, SJW nonsense is injected into the Subnautica forums.

I tried. I really did.

And just like that, SJW nonsense is injected into the Subnautica forums.

): they always find us we can never be happy

The Robot character operates off of an oxygen powered bioreactor, that requires clean water to maintain.

Or, the same way Bender in Futurama works, alcohol fuels his power cells via chemical reaction
    that would be a cool element you could also build charging stations in your base to speed up the processes when your battery's run low

The Robot character operates off of an oxygen powered bioreactor, that requires clean water to maintain.

Or, the same way Bender in Futurama works, alcohol fuels his power cells via chemical reaction

I agree with your idea. Maybe the smaller creatures could be turned into oil? Or maybe some sort of battery through the shrooms?

I agree with your idea. Maybe the smaller creatures could be turned into oil? Or maybe some sort of battery through the shrooms?

Could possibly use batteries for food, instead.
    Though then you'd run out of copper and acid shrooms like stupid fast.

Maybe the robot character's "Hunger" decreases slower, and stays full longer.

Also I like the idea of using batteries as robot soda cans.

Could possibly use batteries for food, instead.
    Though then you'd run out of copper and acid shrooms like stupid fast.

Maybe the robot character's "Hunger" decreases slower, and stays full longer.

Also I like the idea of using batteries as robot soda cans.

That's kind of what I was thinking of when I was thinking about a power source.

Maybe something along the lines of using thermal or nuclear energy?