Ok i have found this before, but now [Experimental]

SmashBrownSmashBrown Kerbin Join Date: 2015-08-27 Member: 207523Members
Well, i am looking for the jellyshroom caves, i have stumbled upon them before accidentally, but as usual in survival games, when you need it, you can't find it! Specifically i am after magnetite. For a thermal plant, for a base i have built deep down under the floating island. Does anyone have a method i could use to find one of the entrances, i have spent the last 2 hours looking for the blasted place. I could cheat, but i don't want to.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• HeadHunterHeadHunter The Pitt Join Date: 2015-08-27 Member: 207530Members
    Your lifepod is to the SW of the Aurora. Head East and just a little South until you can see some creepvine plants. That shelf is where the cave entrance lies, not far to the East of the life pod.

If you want to see a video example, Games4Kickz visited the caves in Episode 5 of his current playthrough on YouTube.
  • SmashBrownSmashBrown Kerbin Join Date: 2015-08-27 Member: 207523Members
  • reaperLeviathenfoodreaperLeviathenfood florida Join Date: 2015-05-19 Member: 204681Members
    Eh? How is asking people online where the location is and how to get to it any better than cheating or just looking it up online? just seemed odd lol. Anywho they do have a map online of where everything is, the biomes are the same location but the scenery and land are random generated (I'm pretty sure)
  • lxhlxh Austria Join Date: 2015-03-13 Member: 202074Members
    but the scenery and land are random generated (I'm pretty sure)

Sorry, no random or fractal. It's all hand made (or call it "designed") but the effort increases to the square ... and that's the reason why it is and will stay pretty small.
  • SkyninSkynin Russia Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206915Members
    lxh wrote: »
    but the scenery and land are random generated (I'm pretty sure)

Sorry, no random or fractal. It's all hand made (or call it "designed") but the effort increases to the square ... and that's the reason why it is and will stay pretty small.

That's what i love about Subnautica. Handmade surroundings are always superior to procedurally generated stuff. Many games of this type end up with ugly mess or plain uninteresting locations instead of proper landscapes because of that.
  • FearlessWolfFearlessWolf United States Join Date: 2015-08-29 Member: 207573Members
    edited September 2015
    Build a terraformer, go to the escape pod and dig down until you find it. That's what I always do.