Computerised system for Bulkhead doors (Auto close, open/close all)

1bellb1bellb York, UK Join Date: 2015-08-29 Member: 207569Members
edited August 2015 in Ideas and Suggestions
So sometimes when building things on my base I make little mistakes where it floods. I think it would be good to be able to build some kind of Base control panel where you can set whether the Bulkhead doors are automatic or not. If you have it set to Yes (and your base has power), then if a room in the base floods all Bulkhead doors close automatically if any are open.
Then also have an open (like a light switch) to be able to open and close all doors automatically. There is nothing worse than having loads of bulkhead doors and having to wait for the character to open each door. It takes ages.

Comments

• The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    Emergency sealing, in case things go wrong. I like. There should also be a thing where bulkheads can be "assigned" to certain players (once multiplayer comes along), who are allowed to lock or unlock them. That way people can have their own rooms.
  • Astropig_gamerAstropig_gamer USA Join Date: 2015-08-31 Member: 207625Members
    if they are automated i want a way to turn them off so when i want to flood my base i can do it in peace
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    if they are automated i want a way to turn them off so when i want to flood my base i can do it in peace

My suggestion on the tube system (and written somewhere else):

Make them refittable and modular, so you can:

- make them glass
    - make them reinforced
    - flood them for fish travel
    - refit them for a turbo shuttle to go through them

combine all or most of them

and of course the flood seal doors will auto-open on flooded.

Maybe a flood computer can display the underwater base sections and you select the flooding process.
  • 1bellb1bellb York, UK Join Date: 2015-08-29 Member: 207569Members

@Astropig_gamer - I totally agree. There needs to be some kind of main computer that controls your base and where you can set settings. So automatic bulkhead doors on/off, then a manual override to open and close all doors. Then any other settings people may want for the base.