[Bug] VR: Strafe tilt is making me sick

budwheizzahbudwheizzah Montreal Join Date: 2015-08-28 Member: 207549Members
edited August 2015 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
I actually like this game in VR - it's a far cry from a few months ago when I tried it in the DK2... the performance has gone miles, and the gameplay can finally come through even during a short first impressions run.

My big bother here is I cannot play the game for extended periods of times. I post this in "bugs" because it may not be a software fault or limitation, but the fact that the camera tilts each time I strafe breaks ME down after 15 minutes. The rule of not forcing the camera to move in VR really applies to everything. It's not "Almost no forced camera motion" it's "No forced camera motion". That should really be made concrete in the basic movement mechanics. The tilt has got to go. I can play without strafing but eventually you have no choice to use it (ex: escaping a Stalker attack) and it doesn't take long to make me turn green. Take it from someone who plays 3-4 hour long sessions in VR (Flight sim, iRacing, Isolation, ARK before they broke it, etc) and develops small apps and games for the headset: the tilt has gotta go!

Don't worry, if it's about art style, I promise I'll tilt my own head when I strafe in the future :)

Comments