Nuclear, Bio, and Thermal Generators not sending power in "Creative" mode. (only solar working)

AquatarkusAquatarkus RI-USA Join Date: 2015-08-02 Member: 206674Members
edited August 2015 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Version:
(Early Development Build 22546 Aug 2015)

Description:
Looks like only solar panels work when in "Creative" mode. Nuclear, thermal, and bio, look like they work, but they do not send the blue beam to the base sides (even if very close), and do not supply power for the moonpool.
Therefore you cannot dock a Seamoth into the moonpool without a solar panel somewhere for that base. (And) your base must be in shallow water or on the island surface for solar power to work.

Reproduction Steps:
Launch the game in "Creative" mode. Build a base above or below water. Build a nuclear reactor next to it. Click to add uranium and click start the reactor. The reactor makes the noise, but no blue beam and reactor always shows 0/500 when you're up close.

Tried analyzing a nuclear reactor fragment, but it wont analyze either. (as if it already did)

If you switch to "Freedom" mode on the fly from the console, it is corrected immediately.
The blue beam appears and goes to your base. 0/500 begins to increment. If you then enter your base, you see it increment on the HUD top center power text like it normally would in freedom mode.

I don't see a way to get back to creative mode from the console.
(no "creative" command, to countermand the "freedom" command)
Gamereset stays it in freedom mode also, it does not revert back to the "creative" saved game your playing at that time.
(you have to quit the game completely and reload)

Additional recommendation:
I recommend putting back the power status in the main HUD below your depth reading when in "Creative" mode just for confirmation that the reactors are working or charging, and how far to go. Seems like it should be part of the creative mode regardless.

Love this creative mode add. I play the game like a sandbox most of the time anyways.
Glad you added this game option. Thanks... :)