Coming Up: Seamoth - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageComing Up: Seamoth - Subnautica

A new Subnautica update is under construction. It’s going to be called ‘Seamoth,’ and could arrive anywhere between two and four weeks from now (Or more! Always exercise caution when...

Read the full story here

Comments

• PajamaJamsPajamaJams Boulder, CO Join Date: 2015-08-14 Member: 207121Members
    Can you guys work on the seamoth flashlights? They aren't very useful.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    I realised I did not submit one feedpack thing I would LOVE to be in with the upgrade console. (and I shall happily shove it in F8 if needed.)

I was standing at the panel and did not realise fully its interactive. (I expected a menu popup, wrongly as the cyclop does not have one also.)
    Thats not the big concern no. Its the modules panel. It took me more time then id like to admit to realise the panel is on the seamoth itself.
    Now in hindsight this makes sense, but back then I was looking at it on the colour panel, and wondering why it did not give.

Perhaps a image of a seamoth blueprint with a circle or something on its wing to depict the panel, would be a nice art addition on the colour panel?
  • Slowtype1Slowtype1 Michigan Join Date: 2015-08-25 Member: 207466Members
    Is some sort of low power notification on the Seamoth possible? I recently got stranded in the Jelly Shroom Caves at the end of making a video.
  • Cheap_ShotCheap_Shot Canada Join Date: 2015-08-25 Member: 207471Members
    Does the camera still auto snap forward while piloting the seamoth? I'm used to mouselooking independently of the directions I'm moving in games so I can search for resources and study the environment while traveling. I couldn't do this in your game however (at least last I played it.) The camera literally struggling against me to return face forward while I was trying to look around actually made me >>incredibly<< nauseous and I haven't played since. I really love your game too, so I hope this changes. I'm an illustrator and concept artist and this is the kind of game I'd love to work on.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    I do not fully understand you cheapshot, but the seamoth is point and go. It goes where you point. You can not look around while going in a straight line, like the cyclops.
  • SaluxgamerSaluxgamer Is a state of mind Join Date: 2015-08-25 Member: 207473Members
    Thanks for the wonderful game so far! I just was curious if the new creative mode will have an option to keep the need for food, water, and power? I like a little of both worlds and feel I might not like the game as much if I were forced to choose pure creativity or pure survival. That's what drew me to the console commands to begin with (and the fact that nothing respawned when I first started playing). Being able to switch between the two makes the game way more fun because god mode/having everything you want gets boring fast and so does grinding for basic needs.
  • destroyah87destroyah87 Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206913Members
    Looks pretty awesome. Very excite. Can't wait.

So, at a guess, this is when the Seamoth depth upgrades and depth limits of same will come into play.
  • Dragonkidd10Dragonkidd10 Dragonkidd10 Join Date: 2015-08-27 Member: 207529Members
    I was wondering when is the exosuit going to be out? it's an awesome idea and i'm really curious. if someone could tell me it would be greatly appreciated.
  • BigChapJBigChapJ Join Date: 2015-08-28 Member: 207531Members
    Things are looking positive for our friend, the Seamoth. Perhaps, in this update, we will see the Seamoth getting that repair patch it so desperately needs. I hate having to clutter the map with more than one Seamoth after one breaks... You can't repair them as of now... At least in Freedom mode. Are any of you out there having this trouble in Survival?

I'm also very excited to see further animations. Still waiting for the Diving Hatch outer doors to get the open/close function like the Seamoth Docking Station on the Cyclops. Also, I would like to see the steering wheel get some attention. That lever on top of the Seamoth needs used as well for opening the hatch :)

Can't wait! We love you, Subnautica Team.
  • Prince_ErebusPrince_Erebus USA Join Date: 2015-05-16 Member: 204521Members
    Now you know what would be great to add for that torpedo system you're thinking of putting on the Seamoth? actual death animations and limp body physics for the dead sea creatures.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Now you know what would be great to add for that torpedo system you're thinking of putting on the Seamoth? actual death animations and limp body physics for the dead sea creatures.

The Vortex Torpedoes are not explosive.
    From what I can gather they'll be like a projectile Grav Sphere that pulls in stuff as it flies away
  • SkyninSkynin Russia Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206915Members
    Can we have this update tomorrow? Please? :3
  • tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
    we need depth level increase
    colors
    weapons
    explosions :P
  • SkyninSkynin Russia Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206915Members
    tarek wrote: »
    we need depth level increase
    colors
    weapons
    explosions :P

torgue.png
  • reaperLeviathenfoodreaperLeviathenfood florida Join Date: 2015-05-19 Member: 204681Members
    These updates are awesome and have yet to be a letdown. One thing I would like (which may be turned into upgrade modules) would be a trade-off customization. aka, for cyclopse you could get it with more glass up front for a lot better visibility, but then it would take more dmg. Or for the seamoth faster speed but it turns slower. Interesting trade offs to make it more your style. One thing I think will be saddening late(er) game is all the upgrade modules will be taken up with deeper diving to make it runable. IMO the increased depth modules should be something found in the capsule box things all over and should be researched and then permanently added to your seamoth and not take a upgrade space. Then your custom slots will make it run your way rather than merely able to run again. Also with that the devs nurfed seamoth in one of those patches, so you could still have zones that you need to explore in the stronger cyclopse to find the boxes that would let u upgrade seamoth to work in that depth.
  • IronicCookiesIronicCookies Earth Join Date: 2015-09-05 Member: 207739Members
    edited September 2015
    The tank shouldn't be stored in the inventory, that just doesn't make any sense. Also, if you guys are going to make a new slot for the tank, I would like to have two tanks be able to combine so it increases air by 30 seconds each time you combine a new tank. And I'd like to see range weapons, and weapons for the seamoth.
  • AquatarkusAquatarkus RI-USA Join Date: 2015-08-02 Member: 206674Members
    edited September 2015
    Please add more upgrade slots for the Seamoth. 4 is not enough.
    Would be nice to allow 3 depth, 2 storage, 2 or more defense. (maybe a 9 slot grid)

The alternative to this, is set it up, so that when you add depth ,storage, solar charge, and power increase upgrades, it does not take up any slots (or any of the 4 user radio buttons.) Just have it go "Ding", and you get the upgrade added -case closed. (make them permanent non-alterable or removable additions)

...or something like mentioned here. EG:
    increased depth modules should be something found in the capsule box things all over and should be researched and then permanently added to your seamoth and not take a upgrade space.

;)

PS...also please make the sonar sound like a "Ping" instead of Cyclops horn.
  • AquatarkusAquatarkus RI-USA Join Date: 2015-08-02 Member: 206674Members
    Aquatarkus wrote: »
    PS...also please make the sonar sound like a "Ping" instead of Cyclops horn.

Thanks !!! (much better) :)
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Just build multiple Seamoths if you want to fight and explore and carry stuff and recharge in the sun and detect things via sonar.

I have one for exploration, docked inside my base, and one for fighting, ready to rapid deploy from my Cyclops.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Now I got these detectors for the seamoth, while I can find everything easily, except silver. And guess what kind of detector helps me find silver in the red weed fields? Metal won't help - everything there is metal. And the big fuss is that it's protected.

Maybe I just shock the sharks and biters to death and recharge in sunlight? Then take my time to find the silver among dead predators. But I get a headache when I look at my giant stocks of useless gold.
  • reaperLeviathenfoodreaperLeviathenfood florida Join Date: 2015-05-19 Member: 204681Members
    zetachron wrote: »
    I get a headache when I look at my giant stocks of useless gold.
    The gold really doesn't have much use, I am hoping they let us use the workbench for battery + gold to make better batteries. Then if they make the 'special systems' EX. sonar. drain more battery while being used, it MIGHT be worth carrying batteries instead of only moonpool recharging. also yay for anything to spend gold on xD
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Finally tested the electroshock defense on the reapers in experimental hardcore. Thought it would be the last thing I do, but guess what? The electroshock defense works for the reapers. Good enough to visit the Aurora with the seamoth again and again, while fixing it from time to time with the welder.

Now I've got nothing to do for the cyclops. This sitting duck of submarine is useless right now. Time for the Sea Leviathans and Emperors or whole hordes of reapers to put the fear back into me and my little seamoth.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    We're working very hard to bring you all the update ASAP :smile:
  • TheGuru143TheGuru143 U.S. Join Date: 2015-09-07 Member: 207801Members
    Hey @Obraxis, seeing that avatar, have you purchased your BB-8 Droid yet? lol
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=-1Y2WfcCb4M

Also, thank you for all the hard work from all of you. I'm enjoying this game immensely and look forward to every update
    Obraxis wrote: »
    We're working very hard to bring you all the update ASAP :smile:

I wish my own employees gave this good of service.