Sea base ideas

zakhm123zakhm123 England Join Date: 2015-08-22 Member: 207386Members
a lot of the things I would really like to see in subnautica involve the seabases and I also want to hear how you think the sea bases could be improved.
here is a list of things I feel would be awesome for sea bases:
  • bathyspheres: this would be a new way of entering seabases or connecting sections with long distances between them and traveling between both parts
  • submarine pen: this would be the cyclops' version of the seamoth's moonpool, it would be a large room to dock the cyclops with a ladder shaft that connects to the bottom hatch to allow entry
  • more furniture/decorations: right now decoration options for seabases are limited, so I think the addition of things such as beds, pictures etc would give sea bases more life and allow people to personalize their bases much more

Comments

• PajamaJamsPajamaJams Boulder, CO Join Date: 2015-08-14 Member: 207121Members
    Also a underwater subway system would be cool.
  • SanctusLupusSanctusLupus USA Join Date: 2015-08-30 Member: 207600Members
    zakhm123 wrote: »
    a lot of the things I would really like to see in subnautica involve the seabases and I also want to hear how you think the sea bases could be improved.
    here is a list of things I feel would be awesome for sea bases:
    • bathyspheres: this would be a new way of entering seabases or connecting sections with long distances between them and traveling between both parts
    • submarine pen: this would be the cyclops' version of the seamoth's moonpool, it would be a large room to dock the cyclops with a ladder shaft that connects to the bottom hatch to allow entry
    • more furniture/decorations: right now decoration options for seabases are limited, so I think the addition of things such as beds, pictures etc would give sea bases more life and allow people to personalize their bases much more

Air lock system in a room to get in and out of the sea base would be more realistic. Now a system that would dock the cyclops would be cool but I think they have already added a docking bay for it. Furniture is nice but really there is lack of room. So they would have to add a more social room structure for that to take place.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    edited August 2015
    PajamaJams wrote: »
    Also a underwater subway system would be cool.

Using the standart tube system in a modular way. The vertical connector might get thicker for this and attachable to round rooms. Then all tube parts can be remodded into:

- glasern: less stable but with good sight
    - reinforced: for greater depths
    - flooded: for fish to swim from one fishtank to another
    - turbolifted: a small shuttle cabin can travel through the tubes

combinations possible: glassern and reinforced with enameled glass (expensive)

Most positive - the tube artwork might not need much rework and it's modular.
  • jjust19jjust19 Australia Join Date: 2015-08-28 Member: 207535Members
    I like some of your ideas.

I'd personally want the following:

- More decorations (plants, furniture, screen displays that act like moving paintings for thar scientific/futuristic atmosphere etc.).
    - Maybe some meta furniture too (i.e. little arcade system where players could play some cute little minigame related to Subnautica, like a Subnautica-themed Tetris).
    - A cross section room for the base that's the same size as the moon pool (i.e. "X" in shape).
    - A long, large corridor which would look great on walls (that we can put windows on).
    - A room similar to the moon pool, but without the huge opening (it would make a great living room).
    - Maybe the option to replace parts of the floor with windows (like those tour boats).
    - I'd like a rail system that can transport players from one base to another (maybe like a pipe with a marble in it, or something similar, even a portal gate).
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    edited September 2015
    Arcade Cabinet ideas

Terror-former!
    Basically Dig-Dug. Dig through the ground and find the Fragments. Evade Stalkers, Biter fish, and Crashes. Use Stasis Rifle to freeze them to get away, allow rocks to fall on them, or to keep a Crash from exploding. Collect Bubbles to extend your time. Collect the Fragment and return to the surface to win.

Seamoth Mission!
    Basically Galaga. A top-down shoot em up. Fight off the fish to get to the Aurora. Lines of smaller fish will fly from the bottom of the screen. Sharks will fly at you from the top of the screen. Gasopods will swim up from the bottom of the screen and release their gas balls. Use Torpedoes (Fire straight ahead) or the Electro Web (Bomb attack covers an area around the Seamoth) to fend off creatures. Final boss is a Reaper Leviathan that waits at the top of the screen and charges at you, taking up 1/3rd of the screen. You have to shoot it repeatedly until it croaks.

SeaBase Block Party!
    A tetris style game using various SeaBase corridor parts. Keep the Base from breaching the surface of the water (The top of the screen) to rack up your score. When you build a line of parts, they will disappear, earning you points. Random events may occur, like a Reaper Leviathan taking out a random line of blocks.

Aurora Explorer!
    A Sidescroller starring the Wasabi One, exploring and repairing the Aurora. Enemies consist of Cave Crawlers and Angry Skyrays. Player gets 3 hits, and 2 extra lives. Falling into the water has the player get eaten by a Reaper Leviathan. Player must run and jump through the stage, using the Propulsion Cannon, the player can launch enemies away and pick up and carry objects.

These would all be 2D, 8-bit sprite with really simple graphics, and only one level.
    Arcade Cabinet ideas

Terror-former!
    Basically Dig-Dug. Dig through the ground and find the Fragments. Evade Stalkers, Biter fish, and Crashes. Use Stasis Rifle to freeze them to get away, allow rocks to fall on them, or to keep a Crash from exploding. Collect Bubbles to extend your time. Collect the Fragment and return to the surface to win.

Seamoth Mission!
    Basically Galaga. A top-down shoot em up. Fight off the fish to get to the Aurora. Lines of smaller fish will fly from the bottom of the screen. Sharks will fly at you from the top of the screen. Gasopods will swim up from the bottom of the screen and release their gas balls. Use Torpedoes (Fire straight ahead) or the Electro Web (Bomb attack covers an area around the Seamoth) to fend off creatures. Final boss is a Reaper Leviathan that waits at the top of the screen and charges at you, taking up 1/3rd of the screen. You have to shoot it repeatedly until it croaks.

SeaBase Block Party!
    A tetris style game using various SeaBase corridor parts. Keep the Base from breaching the surface of the water (The top of the screen) to rack up your score. When you build a line of parts, they will disappear, earning you points. Random events may occur, like a Reaper Leviathan taking out a random line of blocks.

Aurora Explorer!
    A Sidescroller starring the Wasabi One, exploring and repairing the Aurora. Enemies consist of Cave Crawlers and Angry Skyrays. Player gets 3 hits, and 2 extra lives. Falling into the water has the player get eaten by a Reaper Leviathan. Player must run and jump through the stage, using the Propulsion Cannon, the player can launch enemies away and pick up and carry objects.

These would all be 2D, 8-bit sprite with really simple graphics, and only one level.

I'm glad to see some people have some good ideas about the little futuristic gaming cabinet. It would give sea bases so much more appeal, plus countless games have little minigames within them like this.
  • Astropig_gamerAstropig_gamer USA Join Date: 2015-08-31 Member: 207625Members
    im just afraid i would play the mini games more than the real one

True. But all-in-all it gives the rather empty sea bases some enjoyable content and something to look forward to when you build them.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members

I mean they only have one level, so unless you like doing the same thing over and over again...
  • Astropig_gamerAstropig_gamer USA Join Date: 2015-08-31 Member: 207625Members
    we all know that were gonna play the games then about 30min later we will exit the game turn around the base is flooding our player is starving and the powers out :)
    we all know that were gonna play the games then about 30min later we will exit the game turn around the base is flooding our player is starving and the powers out :)

Ain't that the truth. lol
  • BloopBloop Germany Join Date: 2015-08-28 Member: 207553Members
    I would like to see a biological form of seabases. A living base that grows (randomly or controled perhaps).
  • gwacagwaca Join Date: 2014-09-26 Member: 198731Members
    A monorail system that looks like the one in the incredibles movie could be nice.
    Bloop wrote: »
    I would like to see a biological form of seabases. A living base that grows (randomly or controled perhaps).

Ok that'd just be gross.
  • NeskahNeskah United States of America Join Date: 2015-05-15 Member: 204513Members
    I hate to be a self-promoting asshole, but if we're spitballing ideas for sea bases, I thought it would be cool to have some form of monitor which scans for creatures in the area and keeps watch over your base.

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/138695/sea-base-statistics-panel-general-base-suggestions
  • Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members
    Bloop wrote: »

Ok that'd just be gross.

Moya from farscape was not gross. Badass living ship. I have similar ideas for a living sub when we discover some ancient alien tech or something like that. Integrating sea biology with our tech would be fan frakkin tastic.