Lost FPS [21956]

BZZX45BZZX45 Russia Join Date: 2015-08-19 Member: 207290Members
edited August 2015 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
I start build the base at Koosh zone biome. When i finished underawater part of base everything is fine. Then i start build long glass corridor to start location (I used console command to spawn resourses) and start losing FPS. When i finished this corridor i got jumping FPS (0,8-7,2).

Then i deconstruct all modules of this base, but FPS dont return.

FPS dont change at any graphic setting and stay at 0,8-7,2.

This savegame folder about 627 mb.

Can I do anything to repair this savegame?

P.S. Sorry about my english

Comments

• ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    hmm, I know that enormous bases can cause slow down. There hasn't really been a performance pass in a while so there might be some issues.

The file size for your save is still pretty big.

How does your log look? Errors?
  • BZZX45BZZX45 Russia Join Date: 2015-08-19 Member: 207290Members
    i don`t have any crash or errors. You mean output.log file? in this file only one error "ERROR: Entity Aurora-MainPrefab/Aurora was spawned in batch 17,18,11 block 2812,2969,1909 wspos (764.4, -70.2, -138.6), but the batch was not loaded. Shouldn't really happen."
    edited August 2015
    also, other save game give me 141-144 FPS
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    So, I asked Obraxis, who is the font of all knowledge, says that the file size is okay is for an enormous base. It will likely get better as we get closer to release but for now that appears to be at least close to normal.
    But 7 FPS make game unplayeble. And base deconstruction didnt return FPS back to normal
    That is bad. Any chance you can get me a copy of that save game as a zip or something similar?
    I can mail this savegame zip file if you tell me your mail
  • ShutEye_DKShutEye_DK DK Join Date: 2015-08-20 Member: 207329Members
    BZZX45 wrote: »
    I can mail this savegame zip file if you tell me your mail

Don't wait around for that to happen.
    Get an account on https://www.dropbox.com/ or similar, upload the file and share the link to it.
    Wunderbar, Will try to get that looked at today.
    So I loaded it. That is an enormous base.
    I get terrible FPS.

l'll ask Jonas about it. But my guess is that the solution is to not build a base that can be measured in approximate kilometers. at least until we can get something aporaching lod on them.
    But I try to deconstruct everything in this savegame, and FPS dont return to normal. (((
  • LumpNLumpN Join Date: 2002-10-30 Member: 1725Members, Subnautica Developer
    It's strange that the FPS don't return to normal once everything got deconstructed again. I'll investigate it when the time allows, which is to say "within weeks", but that won't help you fix the problem right now. There is something you can try however. In the savegame folder there is exactly one global-objects.bin. That's where all the base stuff gets saved to. You can try to delete that file or even overwrite it with one of a fresh savegame. Make a backup of that file first though. You'll loose everything related to bases and subs if you delete the file. But that should be fine since you have been using cheats anyway, so you can just cheat the missing stuff back in. Hope that helps.
    Deleting this file realy make FPS back to normal, and deleting all bases and subs))))) But now i realy want to know where the limit of bases modules. Creative mode of game is coming))) For me it is not a problem to start new game, but i want to ask you to investigate my problem.
  • AtriaaAtriaa Canada Join Date: 2015-09-02 Member: 207675Members
    I had a similar issue, I'm a hoarder, and I swear I picked up 90% of the Materials around the world, squirreled them away in my base and my FPS are so low I could barely move... I had to spread them across 2 bases and stuff a bunch of them into lockers and deconstruct them just to delete the item... will these resources respawn?

side note, still having FPS issues in old base I'm going to assume I'll just do the savegame folder switch-a-roo thing yeah?

Will I ever be able to be a hoarder or do I need to be a responsible farmer and only collect what I need?
  • stardestroyer12stardestroyer12 australia Join Date: 2015-03-10 Member: 201912Members
    i have a similar issue to, when im at the escape pod the game goes down at least 3 FPS everytime and i have even died from it because i was in my seamoth with low health and it died and killed my.
    help
    @Atriaa anything is a base stays loaded all the time right now. So, until they change that the plan of gathering everything may be a bad one. At present things do not respawn.

@stardestroyer12 I'm not sure what you mean entirely. The take away is that big bases cause bad performance lag. Try not to build big bases. If you have other issues with performance we can look into those too. However, you should be aware that the game is still in early access an priority is on features not performance now.
  • AquatarkusAquatarkus RI-USA Join Date: 2015-08-02 Member: 206674Members
    When the 2nd island update arrived, I had a bad FPS issue with my most recent saved game. Graphics would speed up and slow down every second. It was terrible. I thought it might be that my bases were too big, but shrinking them didn't help. I then noticed that the FPS fail pattern matched the blue beams cycling pattern on my reactors and solar panels.

I removed my all my reactors and the problem went away.
    I put them back and the problem DID NOT RETURN. I still have very huge bases.

In my case, I think the save gave did not update well in the version upgrade.

Just thought Id mention this incident for others in case of a video or processing issue mysteriously appearing after an update.
    Thanks for the update, right now saves between experimental versions are sort of best effort. So in case something breaks, it probably wont be fixed.

Saves between stable versions should work.
  • TheKubaWTheKubaW Kosina Join Date: 2015-09-05 Member: 207747Members
    please help me experimental version is not loading! how bad I wrote it I'm sorry I'm Polish. Please help ME! :'(
    PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(
    @TheKubaW, plkease post a copy of your log found in: <steam/SteamApps/Common/Subnautica/Subnatuica_Data/output_log.txt to somewhere like pastebin.com and link us to that.

uhh, I think that might be the wrong log:

00:00:00.000 : [sys] Command line: C:\Program Files (x86)\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x86\eurotrucks2.exe -server 0
    that is, what do I do ?
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    TheKubaW wrote: »
    that is, what do I do ?

You've given us the wrong file. Please give the file steam/SteamApps/Common/Subnautica/Subnatuica_Data/output_log.txt - not your EuroTruckSimulator file.
    Looks like you recently upgrade to windows , likely 10, and are using the generic microsoft driver for your video card. This doesn't really provide support for games much. I would update your video drivers and good things should happen.