What do YOU want the next major update to be?

04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
Personally I hope we get Co-Op next.

Alternatively, an update with a crapton of new biomes, flora, and fauna would be cool, as well.

Comments

• SanskiMostSanskiMost Alberta, Canada Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206790Members
    I want the Arctic and Lost River biomes. Early Development Map layout. latest?cb=20150430100320
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Man it'd be rad if I could see that.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Zornhau wrote: »
    I want to see more flora and fauna, more ways to interact with existing wildlife, and AI improvements. It seems simplistic and game-y that stalkers immediately charge you when you get within a set distance. Just because something can eat you doesn't mean it WILL just because you got close, and in the event that it does decide to make you lunch, it wouldn't be so obvious about it.

There's a reason sharks make for good horror movie monsters. With solid hunting algorithms on the predators UWE could really crank up the tension when you're exploring a biome you haven't visited before.
    On this note calling them Stalkers makes me think they should stalk their prey before attacking.
    Could be as simple as swimming quietly around behind them before attacking.

though this is another discussion for another thread.
  • bencethegreatbencethegreat I came here to laugh at you! Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206856Members
    edited August 2015
    I want lots Of things,

like co-op and cooked human, that would be cool!

also a moonpool for the cyclops, man that would be cool.

A new sub like a gigantic one 3 times the size a reefback so it could park
    1 cyclops
    and 3 seamoths

EDIT: you can also store 1 exosiut

and it would take like 10 advanced wiring kits, 30 scrap metal, 20 plasteel ingots and an escape pod. (you can craft an escape pod with 6 floaters and 1 room) so if it breaks you have 15 seconds to get to the escape pod before the ship explodes!
  • Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
    I think there are quite a load of new creatures in the pipeline and also there's still the exosuit.
  • wolf6774@ymail.comwolf6774@ymail.com Kansas Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206862Members
    I would like to see more biomes and ocean life as well, but the ways we are generating energy in the game is kind of slow, I would like something like rechargeable power cells or rechargeable batteries if you could.
  • tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
    more map MORE like 10k km in every direction and 5000meters down :D
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    I just want more exploration of the Aurora, the Exosuit, Inactive LavaZone exploration, maybe a charging station for the base, the transfuser and specimen related items, and a way to sharpen knives and blades so they don't break
  • silva150silva150 Portugal Join Date: 2015-07-06 Member: 206021Members
    I'm really REALLY hoping that next major update includes NEW CREATURES and also the exosuit ( not likely, but speculation is op).
  • Silk_SkSilk_Sk United States Join Date: 2015-01-03 Member: 200602Members
    I'd like large unique beast that roams the jelly-shroom caves. You can get an advanced upgrade from it (a super base-reinforcement material or something), but it is attracted to light and will attack your seamoth and eat you. You need to throw a flare to distract it and take a chunk off of the armor on its back.
  • Gregorus_PrimeGregorus_Prime USA Join Date: 2015-07-14 Member: 206151Members
    Exosuit, Seamoth upgrades, some new biomes, and some new critters.
  • Bolo_NikeBolo_Nike On Top of Da Sea Join Date: 2015-08-06 Member: 206842Members
    exosuit, aurora exploration, seamoth upgrades, RECHARGABLE BATTERIES

other than those, eh, surprise us!
  • TheJamesehTheJameseh United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-08-04 Member: 206769Members
    If it's what I wanted but I know it's not gonna happen as it's to much work at the moment, Co-Op.

But for now what I'd really like to see is more Wildlife, I don't mind if it's animals or fish or plants etc also more to the Auora and maybe a way to charge batterys and power cells and also seamoth upgrades but all of that is quite a strech, I'd be happy with just seamoth upgrades and a new, simple fish to be honest.
  • DRxShockzDRxShockz US Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206879Members
    Fish and plant farming, water purifying machines, and just general sustainability options to be added. it would also be cool to have a power cell wall, just like in the escape pod, for if the generators turn off you have back up power. Also if there is a leak in the base, you have to fix it then (it be cool to add a "drain valve") so after its fixed the water stays in your base until you hit the release valve. Add different types of windows (different strengths). love the underwater glass dome (for growing food, you know big glass dome). sorry for the long list, can add O2 for the base so you need an oxygen generator (electrolysis of water) giving you O2 and Hydrogen(storage tanks and hydrogen generators in base so need an exhaust pipe).
  • LightdevilLightdevil Austria Join Date: 2015-06-10 Member: 205381Members, Subnautica Playtester
    Weather, Waves, Something interesting in the air at night and day (which would be clouds, stars and flying whales just kidding) anything that makes the planet feel more alive without adding fauna or flora to it. More sounds, like wind when youre swimming, for me ambient noises > music, of course we already have alot of background noises which is great, but still, wind when your head sticks out of the water would be such a small yet great addition. Make creatures that are already in the game usefull, for example Rabbitrays and Reefbacks, adding new creatures is great but dont forget about the old ones, cause they are still gold aswell. Maybe im the only one here, but to already focus on coop wouldnt be a great idea i think. Id prefer: Exosuit and Seamoth upgrades (for example that shock against reapers we talked about) and also work on the lava zone, which i guess would go hand in hand with the exosuit.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    What? I want flying whales tooooo...

Uwe pls xP

More creatures, I don't think we have had an update specifically for them in awhile
  • LightdevilLightdevil Austria Join Date: 2015-06-10 Member: 205381Members, Subnautica Playtester
    Seldkam wrote: »

Uwe pls xP

More creatures, I don't think we have had an update specifically for them in awhile

Everybody wants flying whales lets be serious here. But i dont think itll happen xD
  • ZornhauZornhau Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206855Members
    Y'know...I changed my mind. I think first I want them to release the upgrades for the seamoth (specifically an upgrade that lets you harvest mats without exiting). That will open the door for them to have water pressure actually be dangerous to the player. It is bugging the hell out of me that the water pressure at a depth of 200 meters will crush the plasteel-reinforced hull of my cyclops like ripe tomato, but apparently I can just jump out, swim down, and be totally fine.
  • bencethegreatbencethegreat I came here to laugh at you! Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206856Members
    I would also like some attachments to the cyclops like grabber arms and knife arms and stuff like that, same with the seamoth! that would be cool.

another the that could add to the above^ , along with the co-op update there could be another attachment to the cyclops... a GUNNER SEAT!!!oh yeah. when you see a threat to your cyclops you can just stop and quickly hop into the gunner seat, or your friend can just sit in the gunner seat at shoot down everything! that would be rad.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Sharks with lasers?
    sayerulz wrote: »
    Sharks with lasers?

Aslong as they are not lethal
    Lightdevil wrote: »
    sayerulz wrote: »
    Sharks with lasers?

Aslong as they are not lethal

Sharks that fire radiation beams from their frontal lobes to microwave their prey would be cool.
    It would slowly deal radiation damage to the player unless they had the lead suit on. Otherwise it would show "radiation detected" as you got lasered and slowly lost health, forcing you to look around for it and punch/knife it until it ran away
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members

Uwe pls xP

Everybody wants flying whales lets be serious here. But i dont think itll happen xD

If reefbacks could fly :( lol

But no, seriously, we need a whale like creature. I haven't seen any plans of anything of the sort which is a tad disappointing (reefback is nowhere near the proper scale of an actual whale as far as I know)
  • stalvietstalviet Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187281Members
    i want some system to keep stalkers and other predators away from your base, like a field of shockers that give em lil zaps to scare em away. i also want more ways to interact with the flora and fauna besides cook/eating them. some sort of research system and using them in a non lethal fashion. especially reefbacks. like if we could build a mini pod on the reefback to use as a mobile outpost. OR A CHARIOT PULLED BY REEFBACKS. also someone already mentioned it but more options for sustainability would be great. seriously those please integrate fish with technology
    edited August 2015
    But no, seriously, we need a whale like creature. I haven't seen any plans of anything of the sort which is a tad disappointing (reefback is nowhere near the proper scale of an actual whale as far as I know)

Had an idea for a whale type thing
    Was transparent and glowed like a ghost
    Called em Ghost Whales
    2q1i26c.jpg
    Behold my toddler-level mspaint drawing.
    Also they sing in a deep, sad tune.

waxy wrote: »
    i want a way to return to the main menu which is currently unavailable...
    Also this.

Uwe pls xP

I haven't seen any plans of anything of the sort which is a tad disappointing

Are you sure..? 640?cb=20150412223359
    Also, i heard reefbacks that are in the game now are younglings and the adults will be bigger and have actual reefs on their back.
  • DchicoteDchicote Germany Join Date: 2015-05-26 Member: 204901Members
    A two sun planetary system (2 suns and during night something like Saturn :-) )