Minigames in Subnautica

Mr357Mr357 Join Date: 2015-03-31 Member: 202777Members
edited August 2015 in Ideas and Suggestions
With the abundance of mundane tasks and just plain waiting in Subnautica, I figured maybe some simple minigames would fit nicely when crafting various things and analyzing fragments. The format I have in mid would be similar to System Shock 2, Bioshock, or Moonbase Alpha. System Shock 2 and Bioshock include games where you simply line up three valid nodes or complete a fluid line just like in the Windows 95 game, Pipe Dream. Moonbase Alpha has a more skill-oriented game where you have to quickly but carefully draw new circuit board traces with solder. I think a minigame of this sort could easily find its way into Subnautica without feeling out of place or harmful to the experience.

Example screenshots
System Shock 2
systemshock2hacking.jpg

Bioshock
bioshock-hack.png

Moonbase Alpha
maxresdefault.jpg

Comments

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Let's just put tetris on our little screen thing.
  • Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
    That immediately reminded me of the welding parts in Metroid Prime Corruption. After getting the proper tool for it you have to weld certain chips back together by pointing with the Wiimote. It's basicaly a hot wire game. Here's an image
  • Mr357Mr357 Join Date: 2015-03-31 Member: 202777Members
    That immediately reminded me of the welding parts in Metroid Prime Corruption. After getting the proper tool for it you have to weld certain chips back together by pointing with the Wiimote. It's basicaly a hot wire game. Here's an image

Yes! This is the kind of thing I'm going for!
  • Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
    I think if done right these "minigames" could be really sweet! Many games have some... lockpicking is a really prominent example of most RPGs.

How about cutting open a supply crate? And reconstructing technology from fragments could serve as a game too.
  • austin_trussell1austin_trussell1 Subnautica Join Date: 2015-08-04 Member: 206738Members
    what if you could have a mini-game for the fish tank? i mean like you know a mini-game where you feed the fishes like that one game where you sprinkle food in and they go after it and when you complete it maybe an acheivment?