Climbing on the constructor bug (video included).

LeveritasLeveritas Netherlands Join Date: 2015-08-02 Member: 206679Members
Subnautica Version - 21791 (Experimental, Aug 15)
Description - Climbing up the constructor not possible, player ends up under the module (module? machine?)
Reproduction steps - Attempting to climb up the constructor.
Pictures or Video - I have included a short video captured that shows exactly what's happening. It'll be available in the onedrive. It is titled as 'Video 2-8-2015 20-46-22.avi'
output_log.txt (Error Log) - Not applicable.

FIX: Restarting the game fixed the problem, but I feel it's still worth looking at.

Video link:

Comments

• ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    I'll give it a whirl in the morning. I know one of the PTs complains about this intermittently as well.

Basically clicking looks like it teleports you down a bit. I recall this being an issue at one point.

• ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    I tired this today on 21796 and could not get it to work. If it happens again, please post a copy of your log before you restart the game. Not sure why this is happening.

Any Other Ideas on reproduction steps? I tried putting a moon pool under it and save and load a few times.
  • LeveritasLeveritas Netherlands Join Date: 2015-08-02 Member: 206679Members
    I have none, as the bug did not repeat itself so far. Honestly I think the bug can be described as minor. This instance (video) is the only instance I've had so far (I didn't build any more vehicles though, so that might not be a valid circumstance).