How do I build the base module ROOM?

TorresTorres Canary Islands Join Date: 2015-08-02 Member: 206654Members
Hi I just bought it off Steam and built my first "base" (a corridor + hatch and 3 containers lol) thing is I just saw on the wiki there is a more spacious one called ROOM but it isn't showing on my builder recipes, do I have to unlock it? is this a bug?

thanks in advance and sorry for the noobness ^^

Comments

• AmanchamAmancham GER Join Date: 2015-07-01 Member: 205922Members
    The rooms are only available on experimental if I'm not mistaken.

You can opt in on experimental branch by rightclicking on your subnautica entry in steam library, click Properties (or might be called Settings. My steam is german ^^ but it's the last entry on the list that pops up) and then on the tab betas. In the drop down list choose "experimental" and it will download the missing files.

However, you need to be aware that experimental is less stable and more buggy than the normal version. Changes go live on it much sooner but with that there's a ton more bugs and issues that you might come across. So if you are bothered by that, stick to the stable version ;)
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    The Habitat Update was due sometime this week, but looking at trello, with the amount still to do for it, I think it may be a bit longer.

Things are added and tweaked in the experimental branch, but beware, there are often bugs and broken bits in the Experimental branch, so it is not recommended for playing your proper games in, especially as saves will often be broken by the constant updates it receives.

The main regular branch is much better for actually playing the game.
  • TorresTorres Canary Islands Join Date: 2015-08-02 Member: 206654Members
    Thanks guys! but that's the point right? I mean... using the "experimental" branch, I do that with all early access games and try and report back if I find some annoying bug but there's no point in playing a yet-to-be-completed game if you don't go full berserk on the last beta :smiley:

Thanks again!
  • AmanchamAmancham GER Join Date: 2015-07-01 Member: 205922Members
    A lot of people, unfortunately, buy early access and expect a fully functional game. I somehow get the feeling that a lot of developers responded to that by doing a "stable" version and an "experimental" or "beta" or something like that. So people who don't mind the bugs and want to help, can opt in and consumers can play a somewhat stable version.

I might be mistaken, but lately I had a lot of early access games where they now ask people to opt in specifically. But maybe I'm just imagining things. ^^
  • TorresTorres Canary Islands Join Date: 2015-08-02 Member: 206654Members
    Amancham wrote: »
    A lot of people, unfortunately, buy early access and expect a fully functional game. I somehow get the feeling that a lot of developers responded to that by doing a "stable" version and an "experimental" or "beta" or something like that. So people who don't mind the bugs and want to help, can opt in and consumers can play a somewhat stable version.

I might be mistaken, but lately I had a lot of early access games where they now ask people to opt in specifically. But maybe I'm just imagining things. ^^

Worst is all the kids complaining in the Steam review section, the only complain was the kind of "this was an unfinished game, asked for a refund" and well no sh*t Sherlock it was released like 6 months ago and it clearly says EARLY ACCESS -_-

That aside it has a lot of potential, loved the idea of a waterworld/the abyss game ^^