Ideas for Subnautica

DooM49DooM49 Israel Join Date: 2015-07-30 Member: 206543Members
This idea includes:Npc's(or in other words bot's),Robots,Multiplayer,Game options new buildings and land markings(Well kinda).

You can build ducking zones and Npc's will automatically duck their ships there and they will be able to visit your place and even sell you stuff maybe even marry you :D. The Npc's could buy a room/rent a room in your base(Payment will be a small amount of resources) and leave after 10 ingame days if rented a room. The option of the Npc's appearance is the same as your appearance in the world, They will crash land to the planet too and will be able to build their own house and gather resources(You will be able to see them doing it). They could have jobs like:Trader,Engineer,Hunter and guards(Only you will be able to hire them and make them guard your place). An option for you to choose what do you want to build:Hotel,Apartment And you will need to mark the area you will build it(Of course you will be able to see the area marking in the process). Co-op of 6 players will be a great idea in addition to my idea, Your friends will be able to do the same as you in the game although i don't think you, "Devs", Want co-op in the game...You can add a "Build pad", It allows you to see your base, You will be able to choose 3 targets to build, It will send small robots to do it. More random ideas:A robot helper that can weld stuff and can act as a mobile fabricator, Not peaceful npc's that can create a group to attack you, You can build a torpedo system to protect yourself , You can build plasma cannons to defend your base(Will not work on sea creators). Devs, Keep an open mind, Don't remove this discussion because i will come up with more epic ideas!!

Comments

• AmanchamAmancham GER Join Date: 2015-07-01 Member: 205922Members
    I've not seen the devs remove any thread with suggestions. Not sure where you got the idea from, but they are really great and read a lot in the forums. Even if they don't reply to all the threads, they try and keep up with posts and so far, they seem very open-minded to me.

As for the co-op ... what gives you the impression, that the devs are against it? It's a lot of work to implement and right now, they haven't said that they will. But they also have not said that they won't. In one post they stated that quite a few of the devs would love to have that feature but right now they focus on the single player.

I'm not sure what you mean with the small robots to build your base, but if you mean that you press a button saying build me a hotel from blueprint A and the robots do it ... a lot of people would probably hate that ;) I love playing around with the different base components and build different layouts and everything. And building is so fast, it would probably be counter-productive to send out robots for individual parts.

The NPCs ... nah. That would not be for me. I kinda like that you are all alone and struggling to survive :P Still would love to see co-op so I can play with my friends, but as mentioned above: For now it's a focus on single player.

This is not to say that you should not post ideas. Just be careful what you imply about the devs of the game in your post. You might have bad experience with other devs, but that does not mean that UWE is the same, so give them a chance ;)
  • DooM49DooM49 Israel Join Date: 2015-07-30 Member: 206543Members
    edited August 2015
    I never talked with these devs and you know,There are always those devs that disagree and remove the thread.

If they will make an option to play online, That will be a big plus to the game!.

I didn't say anything about blueprints of a hotel, What i meant by that is that you choose what do you want to build and where to put it...I'm not saying that you have to use that, But what I'm saying is that is a good way for building things faster using the pad, Don't like it? Don't use it :).

So let me give you another option, When you choose to start a new game you could choose to play with npc's or not to play with them if you love the "Lone wolf" thing.

Hey i fully support UWE the updates,The games they are making and the way they support the players!.
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    edited July 2015
    I've wanted to see autonomous, non-intelligent bots, that you can give predefined tasks to. Specifically:
    A: move raw material from a "mine" to a base. They would basically swim between the two (perhaps with light pathfinding)
    B: move resources inside the base from one point (storage) to another (refinery).

The bots would be about 1/4 the size of the player. Inside the base, they would move along the floor.

I think this would make the base feel more "alive" than it currently does (which would be a good thing).
    edited July 2015
    But then you will just have tons of resources that you don't need and will not even use half of those resources. I see no point of adding that unless, They will add my ideas,So npc's can do something more useful with those resources and even sell it to other npc's. I think the devs should even add fuel to the ships and fueling stations that will be run by bots. My ideas are based around all of the people's opinions such as:Adding bots,Adding building,Adding more options etc.
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    The only reason you don't "need" them yet is their use hasn't yet been defined.

- Who ever said that the current requirements for building the cyclops are going to stay so cheap? I'm thinking 10x resources at least.
    - Maybe running a fusion reactor will require a continuous supply of uranium.
    - Maybe late-game upgrades will require large amounts of ore that can only be mined in deep areas and then purified by a refinery
    - Maybe there will be completely new things we can build that haven't even been added to the game yet

All of these work fine in a single player game (very likely where SN is going to stay).
    edited August 2015
    Racer1 wrote: »
    The only reason you don't "need" them yet is their use hasn't yet been defined.

- Who ever said that the current requirements for building the cyclops are going to stay so cheap? I'm thinking 10x resources at least.
    - Maybe running a fusion reactor will require a continuous supply of uranium.
    - Maybe late-game upgrades will require large amounts of ore that can only be mined in deep areas and then purified by a refinery
    - Maybe there will be completely new things we can build that haven't even been added to the game yet

All of these work fine in a single player game (very likely where SN is going to stay).

I didn't really understand you
    New idea. A small fighter ship named "Ryvius" with 1 small gun to fight off the reaper. You can deal 10% damage to the reaper, you need to load the gun after 2 shots, Reload time takes 7 seconds and the reapers gives you only 15% damage. By the way,Devs, Watch Jacksepticeye's videos to understand why Npc's would be a cool idea...
  • HeroborgHeroborg USA Join Date: 2015-07-31 Member: 206599Members
    edited August 2015
    Ok even though this may not get through but ill put it out there. Some people who don't have monster PCs could play through CONSOLE SUPPORT. You could put the latest version on Xbox one and PS4 once this game has stabilized. Doing this can raise popularity because it will be unique on consoles and you could probably keep the price the same. Personally I'm saying this because my gpu is low but can handle the game. With an exception of some super lag spikes after a while. Please consider this.
    edited August 2015
    Heroborg wrote: »
    Personally I'm saying this because my gpu is low but can handle the game. With an exception of some super lag spikes after a while.
    You live in the U.S and you have a weak graphics card*(GPU is a chip in the graphic card)...Kinda hard to believe, Why?. Low prices. I need to spend a grand(And that is a lot of money here) to get the Nvidia GTX 750 2 GB oc, Yet you guys can buy an Nvidia GTX 970 4 GB for $379.99 at best buy. Now I'm not even talking about the game, I'm talking about your personal PC. (Back to the game...Well...kinda), Okay even if they release the game for next gen consoles it doesn't change the fact that not everyone has a next gen console. For example:I don't have a next gen console because the Playstation 4 costs 3 thousand here and the same goes for the Xbox one. Not everyone is rich and not every place in the world has low prices like the U.S has. The average payment in Israel is 6 thousand while all of the taxes are 100-600 and rent for a 3 room apartment costs 3k and food is 800...That leaves us with not that much money to spend on anything and those are not our only problems(I remind you that Israel is a first world country). Yes i understand not everyone in the us can buy a monster PC, But for you guys its way easier than it is for us. I bought my pc 5 years ago and until now i can't buy myself a good graphics card. Right now I'm using an Intel HD graphics 2000. Releasing this game on consoles won't give it more popularity. Plus i don't believe this kind of game would ever get along with console controls.
  • PajamaJamsPajamaJams Boulder, CO Join Date: 2015-08-14 Member: 207121Members
    I like the marriage part. It gets lonely in a huge base like mine.
    Imagine you have 5 kids and a wife in the game, That is way cooler than being alone all the time. Npc's will add so much to the game!. Imagine you could actually play hide and go seek with your kid, You would even see him grow up, And because you're immortal you will be able to meet his grandkids xD. I don't think the devs would like to add Npc's to the game, But you always need to see the potential in things like these. People are starving for more in this game.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    People are starving for more, but I can guarantee that having grandkids is in the bottom .05% of what people want.
    edited August 2015
    People are starving for more, but I can guarantee that having grandkids is in the bottom .05% of what people want.
    But i didn't mention that option in the first place, It was just a stupid joke i thought of,Nothing more. In fact, That whole part was just a joke, No one really needs kids in this game, Jesus, It's not skyrim you know, And i bet no one wants it to be like skyrim.
  • HeroborgHeroborg USA Join Date: 2015-07-31 Member: 206599Members
    edited August 2015
    DooM49 wrote: »
    Heroborg wrote: »
    Personally I'm saying this because my gpu is low but can handle the game. With an exception of some super lag spikes after a while.
    You live in the U.S and you have a weak graphics card*(GPU is a chip in the graphic card)...Kinda hard to believe, Why?. Low prices. I need to spend a grand(And that is a lot of money here) to get the Nvidia GTX 750 2 GB oc, Yet you guys can buy an Nvidia GTX 970 4 GB for $379.99 at best buy. Now I'm not even talking about the game, I'm talking about your personal PC. (Back to the game...Well...kinda), Okay even if they release the game for next gen consoles it doesn't change the fact that not everyone has a next gen console. For example:I don't have a next gen console because the Playstation 4 costs 3 thousand here and the same goes for the Xbox one. Not everyone is rich and not every place in the world has low prices like the U.S has. The average payment in Israel is 6 thousand while all of the taxes are 100-600 and rent for a 3 room apartment costs 3k and food is 800...That leaves us with not that much money to spend on anything and those are not our only problems(I remind you that Israel is a first world country). Yes i understand not everyone in the us can buy a monster PC, But for you guys its way easier than it is for us. I bought my pc 5 years ago and until now i can't buy myself a good graphics card. Right now I'm using an Intel HD graphics 2000. Releasing this game on consoles won't give it more popularity. Plus i don't believe this kind of game would ever get along with console controls.

Yea you need a custom pc to switch graphic cards which can cost 3k and also many people have premade PCs that you can't change.

Also subnautica could get along with consoles I could see it work like farcry 4 controls in a way with menus and such.
  • StitchArtsStitchArts England Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207445Members
    Ideas you should add
    -================-

For the lovers of decorating and making things look cozy and RIGHT AT HOME,I'm told this game can be scary with the whole deep sea and unknown monsters so these would make a real good addition to the game and make it have a little more warmth,you know besides wanting to be eating by mostly EVERYTHING

This would Include:

Beds -Beds we all love beds right,but imagine having beds in this game,jheeze I wouldn't never EVER wanna get up in the morning, they could aslo change the colour,but beds are made from wool and Fabrics well maybe you could add more floating islands or underwater caves with air holes,that grow plants like Cotton then you can make beds with,I think this would be a great idea as it would make the game less scary and after a day of adventuring and head on over to your bed for asleep,BUT Wait there's more what if you could randomly be woken up my a bang and you go to investigate and you see the reaper had been watching you sleep,scary right!

PictureFrames- Pretty simple a fram that can go on the wall and you can import photos off your computer to make your base look even more sexy than it already is!

Carpets- Carpets this leads over to the cotton thing I was talking about in the bed section,there will be a bunch of carpet types you can select from

So you would choose a shape,a patern then a colour this would make the rooms look so much better!

Lights- Lights would make room again look even better! From lamps to wall lamps to outside lamps which would hang off the outside of your base

Taming- Taming would make the game even more better than it is ,MAYBE I WANT 300 PEEPERS FOLOWING ME AROUND WHO DOES'NT!

Farming -Who all the people who hate seafood,Peepers are friends not food! [someone make a Anti-Peeper eating club] farming on the giant island would be a good idea and being able to enjoy the quite life of farming! adding things such as hoes [real hoes would be cool too but mehh] being able to grow food and plants!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2015
    Devs, Keep an open mind, Don't remove this discussion because i will come up with more epic ideas!!
    Let me assure you right now, we do not remove threads other than spam threads (spambots/advertising). And sometimes we lock threads if they are way off-topic and suggest starting a new one on the original subject or when there is flaming or flamebaiting going on and we're unable to salvage the thread, these sometimes get moved into our cave of darkness though, if there is unacceptable racism, personal attacks or hatemongering/speech.

Other than those scnearios, we actually actively support discussions and suggestion threads, that's the main reason this entire forum was built for!

Also I personally like the idea, kinda has that Terraria NPC vibe going as well, but a bit more fleshed out :)
  • PajamaJamsPajamaJams Boulder, CO Join Date: 2015-08-14 Member: 207121Members
    Imagine you have 5 kids and a wife in the game, That is way cooler than being alone all the time. Npc's will add so much to the game!. Imagine you could actually play hide and go seek with your kid, You would even see him grow up, And because you're immortal you will be able to meet his grandkids xD. I don't think the devs would like to add Npc's to the game, But you always need to see the potential in things like these. People are starving for more in this game.

You could also teach your kid how to kill stalkers. Gotta teach 'em young, right?