Continuous attacking randomly stops

DrFinoDrFino Join Date: 2012-04-24 Member: 151025Members
Recently reinstalled NS2 for the derelict update. All weapons that let you attack by holding the mouse button will randomly stop. This is the worst with the base rifle, because it often happens after the first bullet in the mag, requiring me to let off and reclick the button to continue firing. Often times this will happen in quick succession, stopping randomly after 1, 2, or 3 bullets/bites.

It may be tied to moving while attacking, but I haven't been able to confirm that.

Comments

• YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    This usually happens when you have limited ammo :smiley:
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Wireless mouse?

And if you mean the sound bug that occurs when only firing 1-2 bullets immediately after spawning that is known - but it's just an audio bug you are not actually firing
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Wireless mouse?

And if you mean the sound bug that occurs when only firing 1-2 bullets immediately after spawning that is known - but it's just an audio bug you are not actually firing

It sounds like he means the opposite: that he'll be holding the mouse button to fire, and it'll randomly think he's let up on the button to stop firing.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    DrFino wrote: »
    This is the worst with the base rifle, because it often happens after the first bullet in the mag, requiring me to let off and reclick the button to continue firing.
    That is the exact repro for the rifle sound bug though, so i wanted to be sure.
    (fire 1 bullet)