A COUPLE PROBLEMS - HELP

STRYDERSTRYDER Join Date: 2011-11-16 Member: 133318Members
First of all I want to change my profile name and secondly I am wanting to attain badges. Does this mean having to create another account for my name? And if so is it possible to cancel this one since it wouldn't be in use' any help on this would be appreciated

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Spudman wrote: »
    First of all I want to change my profile name and secondly I am wanting to attain badges. Does this mean having to create another account for my name? And if so is it possible to cancel this one since it wouldn't be in use' any help on this would be appreciated
    A forum moderator (like me) can change the name for you. So send a pm to any of the active forum moderators about the wished name change.

What badges are you talking about? AFAIK you can't really obtain any of the special badges (WC and Reinforcement) anymore as the given service websites have been shut down.
  • STRYDERSTRYDER Join Date: 2011-11-16 Member: 133318Members
    k will send pm. And about any badges really' are they earnt by skill level?
    How do i find a moderator? can't even see a help or list option?
    Basically want to change name from this current 'Spudman' to "S T R Y D E R" my current in game name
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    edited July 2015
    There's still one badge you're able to get - the "commander" badge.

If you're unfamiliar, it looks like this, only silver:
    h89LWbJ.gif

To get it you need to have commanded 20 hours total or get 10 hours of wins.

I think you can get a golden version of you collect all of the ns2 steam trading cards (on top of the above requirement presumably).
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2015
    @Spudman Okay i changed your name as wished (had to remove all spaces as they are not allowed in names)

All badges are earned by community work beside the commander badge. A list of all current badges with details can be found in the following quote:
    Just look into ns2/ui/badges to see them all:

VjvUCKi.png

Descriptions ( after order top to button ) :

1.CDT Dev
    Info: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/134843/announcing-the-community-development-team-build-266-and-possibly-beyond

2. Constellation NS1 Donation Programm (kinda donations for ns2)

3. Retired UWE Dev
    4. UWE Dev

5. Red Wrench unused (used by some servers to mark admins and by ensl to mark referees via badge mod but official unused)

6. Map testers
    7. NS1 Playtester
    8. NS2 Playtester

8. Marine unused
    9. Clawmark unused

10. Reinforcement Diamond
    11. Reinforcement Game Director
    12. Reinforcement Gold
    13. Reinforcement Insider
    14. Reinforcement Onus
    15. Reinforcement Shadow
    16. Reinforcement Silver
    17. Reinforcement Blue
    For more Infos about the Reinforcement Programm look here: http://www.naturalselection2.com/reinforced/

18. Squad 5 Blue
    19. Squad 5 Gold
    20. Squad 5 Silver
    For infos about squad 5 look at this: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/118047/welcome-to-squad-five/p1

21. Wrench unused (used by some servers to mark admins and by ensl to mark refferees via badge mod but official unused)

22. WC Gold
    23. WC Shadow
    24. WC Silver
    25. WC Supporter
    For more infos about the World Championship Badges look here: http://www.gofundme.com/ns2worldchampionship

A up-to-date list can be also found at the hive: http://hive.naturalselection2.com/badges-list

The Commander badge at hive can be unlocked by playing 10h as commander (time of victorious rounds counts twice)

Furthermore there are some server assigning automatically badges based on the steam trading cards achievements or the country you come from but those are not officially supported
    I'm interested in donating and this squad 5' haven't had time to look into but will definately when able' so what is the go with the trading cards? if they aren't officially supported who made them and why are they allowed to be bought? I mean who gets the money for them then? furthermore can I buy a heap and still get some sort of badge from them?
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    d0ped0g wrote: »
    I think you can get a golden version of you collect all of the ns2 steam trading cards (on top of the above requirement presumably).

Is this definite?
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    mattji104 wrote: »

Is this definite?

It's also a Steam badge. Senji Survivor I guess.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2015
    Furthermore there are some server assigning automatically badges based on the steam trading cards achievements or the country you come from but those are not officially supported
    if they aren't officially supported who made them and why are they allowed to be bought?
    Trade cards are official and give Steam perks. A profile wallpaper and a :drifter: emoticon (Rookie Level 1). Server's assigning badges based on trade card achievment is not official.
    The badges you can officially aquire is: Commander, Map- / Playtester, Squad5's, CDT, UWE Dev, Retired UWE Dev. I dare say this order is also reflecting the effort (exponential increase) to get the badges :)
    Except for Commander badge, you can't get any badges by playing the game. They are rewards for community efforts or development of the game.
  • MartigenMartigen Australia Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2714Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Reinforced - Onos
    _INTER_ wrote: »
    Except for Commander badge, you can't get any badges by playing the game. They are rewards for community efforts or development of the game.
    *cough* Something else to add as incentives when we go F2P.

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I believe that is only for servers that enable it with mods.

• Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Nordic wrote: »
    I believe that is only for servers that enable it with mods.

Didn't know about this one, I got all my cards and redeemed it for my MAC emoticon. I wouldn't mind a gold Comm badge. Also, I believe NS2 only allows 3 badges to be displayed max in game, so there will be badges that you can't display if you have more than 3.
  • SupaFredSupaFred Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183652Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Badges that are enabled by mods are added to the three badges shown by vanilla NS2.