(Crashing) Please Help I cant play mariens properly

nanoismydognanoismydog Canada Join Date: 2015-07-25 Member: 206386Members
Whenever I play the Marines and go to buy something or use something by pushing E unless i am helping build something then I crash. The game just closes with no error or anything. I have attempted to reinstall as well as check the files. Is there something I can try or should I just try to reinstall again?

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Hi , welcome to the NS2 Tech Support.

To help you we need some further details from you. Please read this post to get you started.
  • nanoismydognanoismydog Canada Join Date: 2015-07-25 Member: 206386Members
    Ok so I start as a Marine and then I wanted to go and buy a new weapon using E on the Armory and the second I push E my game closes and goes right to the desktop. I was attempting to make a video of the problem but my computer was having issues for some reason.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2015
    Did you already validate your game files. Your logs seem to be fine so far. The only thing you might want to try is to turn off bloom as that is known to cause issues at certain gpus.
    I didnt think I had mods installed as I just installed the game for the first time ever and dont know how to even install them. I have already validated the files with Steam twice now and both times it said the files were good.
    edited July 2015
    I didnt think I had mods installed as I just installed the game for the first time ever and dont know how to even install them. I have already validated the files with Steam twice now and both times it said the files were good.

Yeah the mods thing was my mistake, i jumped a line while reading your log. One thing that might provide details about what is going on would be setting NS2 into the verbose mode.

You can enable that by opening the console ( with key above tab next to 1) and typing in verbose 3. Then just start a local server via server browser -> create server.

Once you passed the loading open the console again and type in cheats 1 to start the game so you can try to reproduce your crash.

If you crash/the game closes this way please create and attach another tech_support.zip . If it does not crash/close the game then try out a different server than LuckyFlyers (they used to have some really weird server mods)

BTW: A full list of all avaible console commands can be found in the wiki
    So here's what I have done so far and why it has taken me so long to respond. First I did a clean install of my OS (Windows 8.1) I then updated all my windows updates it found at the time. I then downloaded Steam and Installed NS2. I joined a different server instead of LuckyFlyers. I still ended up with that same issue on Marine where if I need to use something like to buy a new weapon or something it force closes my game for no reason and no error code. So then I went and tried the create my own server and enabled the Verbose 3 then started the server and enabled cheats 1 then I joined Marines and walked up to the command center when I did that and pushed E on it to get in it then did a force close (something i haven't tried yet as i am still new to the game) so it seems like i can do anything on alien side and when i try to do anything involving the use key on Marines my game force closes. I am going to attack the Tech Support file with this when its done generating its information.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2015
    So just a quick look at that log there..

[289.183] StreamingFileTextureManager::As : Created 'models/props/refinery/refinery_shippingcrate_med_01_red.dds', mipmaps 11, size 1024x512, took 26.42ms, size 0.333Mb, memUsed 209.57Mb, memAll 209.57Mb

You seem to have a texture streaming issue - that texture streamer shouldn't be creating the texture fresh for every single file.. which is what it looks like it is doing.
    As a comparison, I just loaded up the same version with verbose 3 and got only one of those. Your framerate must be atrocious..

Have you verified the integrity of the install through steam?
    ya i have done it about 5 times now and even did a fresh install of my operating system and NS2
    My FPS is about 30-60 FPS depending on my settings. I use a I7-2600 3.4ghz 8gig ram and Nvidia GeForce GTX 560Ti with the newest drivers but not beta drivers
    My FPS is about 30-60 FPS depending on my settings. I use a I7-2600 3.4ghz 8gig ram and Nvidia GeForce GTX 560Ti with the newest drivers but not beta drivers

Did you already try to lower all graphic settings to the minimum?
    yup i have done everything i could think of and even rebound the E key so idk what else to do.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    If I google on just your monitors ID I get tons of responses about framerate issues.
    IS it a monitor? Its referred to as a tv, which would be bad for gaming.

Monitor Model: TOSHIBA-TV
    Monitor Id: TSB0206
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)

I can also not really find any specs for the id, which is usually a bad sign.

Also your dxdiag shows a lot of update related errors.

I took off the TV and put my Dell 17' computer monitor on it but im still having the same issue on marines.
    Here is the newest tech log
    @nanoismydog Could you update to 275 so we are at the same page build wise?
    Its updating now and then I will check to make sure the game is working and if i am still having the problem I will post another Tech Support file
    So here is the latest log while graphics are on the lowest settings, using verbose 3 made my own server and typed cheat 1 on a normal PC screen running 1440 x 900
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    It's still weird to me that you are having to create so many textures while playing.. hmm
    lol ya this problem is really annoying me to the point im not playing until it gets fixed because about 50% of the time i get put on marines and I cant do anything unless i use the basic weapon at the start so i cant upgrade or repair anything
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Your latest log has still some windows issues, and if memory serves correct even a new one.
    +++ WER8 +++:
    Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: ServiceHang

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: NvStreamSvc

P2: NvStreamService.exe"

P3: 0.0.0.0

P4: 10

P5: 2

P6:

P7:

P8:

P9:

P10:
    Thats nvidia if memory serves correct.

I strongly suggest the following 2:
    * check windows event viewer & fix all.
    * Complely do a clean install of nvidia drivers. Reset all driver setting to default.
    edited July 2015
    Yeah the fact that the part of the driver that's throwing an error relates to streaming (I'm assuming here, could be shadow play) and your in game logs show an inability to stream textures is too much of a coincidence.

Follow DC's advice above
    Can you tell me what to do step by step because im confused as to what I need to do.
    I cant tell you how to solve your windows problems.. To much detail there to go into mere posts.

As for the nvidia problems. Remove the driver, and reinstall it completely. If I remember correct nvidia has a option to do a clean install.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Fix all
    Your latest log has still some windows issues.

I strongly suggest the following:
    * check windows event viewer & fix all.
    * Complely do a clean install of nvidia drivers. Reset all driver setting to default.

Open Event Viewer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Event Viewer.‌ Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. Then as DC_Darkling said, fix all those problems. We can't exactly tell you how.

Follow this guide to reinstall your nvidia drivers. https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/467215/geforce-drivers/geforce-driver-installation-guide-a-guide-to-ensure-your-drivers-are-installed-properly-/
    I will do a clean install of the nvidia drivers but if that doesn't fix the problem I cant exactly fix the issues in the event viewer because i have no idea what to look for or how to fix it.
    Thats why I am not going into detail on your event viewer messages.
    This isnt windows support, and depending on the event message it can go deep deep into your os.
    I dont get why I would be having windows issues as i just did a clean install of windows 8.1. I just did a clean install of my video card gonna try the game again and see if it fixed the problem if not then im gonna have to wait a year until i can afford a new computer because I think my CPU or Motherboard is dieing. I have ran memory diagnosis, scan disk check, and all sorts of other stuff to figure out what the heck is wrong with my computer and just slowly narrowed it down to the CPU and Motherboard according to other IT people that I know who make and work on computers for a living.
    Ok so after having done the clean install of the video card and following the directions step by step in https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/467215/geforce-drivers/geforce-driver-installation-guide-a-guide-to-ensure-your-drivers-are-installed-properly-/ I have come to the conclusion that......ITS FIXED!!!!! So far I have only tested this on my own created server while using verbose 3 and then starting a server then using cheat 1 then going to marine side and picking a class. Here is my new attached Tech Support file so you guys can compare the results and see if there are any other issues that were missed or something.
    Ok so after having done the clean install of the video card and following the directions step by step in https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/467215/geforce-drivers/geforce-driver-installation-guide-a-guide-to-ensure-your-drivers-are-installed-properly-/ I have come to the conclusion that......ITS FIXED!!!!! So far I have only tested this on my own created server while using verbose 3 and then starting a server then using cheat 1 then going to marine side and picking a class. Here is my new attached Tech Support file so you guys can compare the results and see if there are any other issues that were missed or something.

Great it worked out for you and thanks for sharing your solution with us.
    Thank you all for your hard work and help with my stupid problem. Great work guys and I +10000000 all of you for your hard work, help, and effort in helping me with my problem.