Windowed G-sync not functioning

FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
I tried putting my game into windowed fullscreen @ 1080p since I wanted to use a 2nd monitor more easily. I went up from 144fps to 180fps, but g-sync was no longer enabled. I suppose it should be locked to 144fps natively as with fullscreen. They recently included the capability in the Nvidia drivers to use it on windowed programs.

It's no urgent matter for me, but figured worth a mention. (using GTX 980)

Comments

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    yeh they did.. I havent tested windowed gsync, im on older drivers.. (newer drivers have a ulmb / gsync issue sadly.)
    Is your screen running in desktop on 144hz? gsync can not work with anything above refresh rate, as you probably already know.

ps, windowed mode = input lag.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    Yea my panel is at 144hz. That's why I thought it strange when I turned on windowed borderless and got more than 144fps, that told me it wasn't synced. It's also pretty obvious once used to it. In fullscreen gsync auto caps that to 144.xx
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    if you can use latest drivers (as in you aint using ulmb on desktop), then you should have a few extra gsync options.
    One is either fullscreen only or fullscreen + windowed.

The second option is to choose what gsync will do over the 144hz panel limit. vsync or no vsync behaviour.

Also in essence, you are wrong. gsync never autocapped 144+. It just went from gsync to vsync above panel refresh rates. With the input lag included due to that.
    This is why if you go close to 144hz you want to cap fps in such games.