More ships or more sea base modules

FisteFiste USA Join Date: 2015-05-26 Member: 204924Members
What is more important a larger variety of vehicles or a larger variety of sea base modules.

Comments

• JoolJool Join Date: 2015-04-26 Member: 203846Members
    I belive that the seabases need a much wider variety of modules. As of current, even with the Rooms, Observatories, Moon Pools, they really lack a purpose; The Cyclops can do everything they do and is mobile. Thats why I suggest things like spheres to grow fish, Laboratory Modules, Water Filtration Modules, Power Gens, all for Bases specifically. That gives them a use, other than just for storage.
  • TotallyLemonTotallyLemon Atlanta Georgia Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204764Members
    edited July 2015
    Jool wrote: »
    I belive that the seabases need a much wider variety of modules. As of current, even with the Rooms, Observatories, Moon Pools, they really lack a purpose; The Cyclops can do everything they do and is mobile. Thats why I suggest things like spheres to grow fish, Laboratory Modules, Water Filtration Modules, Power Gens, all for Bases specifically. That gives them a use, other than just for storage.
    The Cyclops cannot generate power, but bases can. Power is needed for processing raw materials in bulk; and researching fragments and DNA. In the future, bases may be able to repair the Cyclops and Moonpools might be used to upgrade the Seamoth. Bases have limitless expansion capability. Even now, effective players use bases. Genetic research is projected to be resource intensive - something that the Cyclops alone will not be efficient at doing.

Recharging the Cyclops is also a future possibility for bases. It has already been suggested that a drill module could be added to bore for fresh water - better than energy intensive desalination; input energy over a short time for infinite fresh water.

I want really want to see the craft featured in this concept piece implemented along with the two deck sub. Perhaps the first mini-sub can be an upgrade to the Seamoth, capable of deeper dives than even the Exosuit. The two deck sub could be the ultimate endgame construct, with near base capability and the ability to dock multiple smaller craft.