Power or Energy Resources Options also for the Freedom Mode

DchicoteDchicote Germany Join Date: 2015-05-26 Member: 204901Members
edited June 2015 in Ideas and Suggestions
first, sorry for my bad english ... but i think it would be nice to be able to take advantage of the energy systems also in the Freedom Mode

Comments

• UnknownGentlemenUnknownGentlemen Florida? Join Date: 2015-08-12 Member: 207072Members
    edited August 2015
    Just pretend this isn't here
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Personally I am for Freedom mode being just that -Freedom to do what I want, when I want, without restriction. My ideal Freedom mode would look something like this:

No Oxygen
    No Food
    No Water
    No Health/Aggressive Animals
    No Pressure
    No Batteries/Recharging - Once a craft, seaglide/seamoth/whatever, is built it doesn't run out of power
    No limits on materials - maybe make each material give 10 times it's normal value or something, but hunting materials shouldn't be as hard as in the normal game.

You would still need to collect materials to build stuff, but things would never wear out etc.

Essentially Freedom mode to me is about open world, casual, play what I want to play in a beautiful world, a sort of make up your own game in the game experience. I'd want as much of the grind requirements removed as possible.

I could just build ridiculous planet-sized bases, or spend all day catching fish and playing with DNA research, or any number of other crazy things as I saw fit.

Of course, this is just what I'd like to see, I doubt the game itself would grant that much freedom.
  • HeadHunterHeadHunter The Pitt Join Date: 2015-08-27 Member: 207530Members
    I'm pretty content with the way Freedom mode is right now, but if my vehicles and tools are going to use power in that mode, then I'd like a way to recharge them in that mode.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    With the upcoming creative mode, where you need zero resource management, I really don't know what the freedom and survival mode will be in the future. The Freedom mode might be replaced by creative and the survival mode stay, meaning survival is all about resource management. Or will freedom mean resource gathering but no real management? And will you still be vulnarable and have to breathe in creative mode?

So I just tell what I'd like:

Creative Mode - should mean all freedom to be creative and no resources or health to care about. Just exploring and crafting.

Survival Mode - every resource is to be managed. The standart to play the game.

Hardcore Mode - no second life and things like decompression. For all who like it the hard way.