authentication failed D:

AndyDemonAndyDemon WV Join Date: 2014-08-15 Member: 197983Members
i was able to play the other few days fine then today out of no where i get authentication failed when i try and connect to ANY servers.... i have done nothing new .-. also here is my log.txt

Date: 06/17/15
Time: 06:05:32:
Build 274
Windows 7 64-bit (build 7601)
[ 0.103] Unbound/Unknown : Error: PhysX: Invalid Cuda context!
Steam initialized
[ 0.240] MainThread : One-time deactivation of mods due to build number change from 0 to 274. Disabled: '65e53fc'
Num displays: 1
Direct3D 9 initialized: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series (8.17.10.1333)
Sound Device: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) stereo
Record Device: Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Loading config://ConsoleBindings.json
Loading config://FavoriteServers.json
Loading config://HistoryServers.json
Main Menu Initialized at Version: 274
Steam Id: 42092744
Saving config://HistoryServers.json
Connecting to server 23.105.33.51:27019
Connecting to server 23.105.33.51:27019
[329.096] MainThread : Error: Attempted to load remote options from a file that does not exist.
[329.147] MainThread : Error: 318 memory leaks in 'D3D9Device' (26768 bytes)
[329.437] MainThread : Error: 318 memory leaks in 'Client' (26768 bytes)
[329.587] MainThread : Error: PhysX: Foundation destruction failed due to pending module references. Close/release all depending modules first.
[329.588] MainThread : Error: 10 memory leaks in 'PhysX' (2296 bytes)
[329.588] MainThread : Error: 10 memory leaks in 'Physics' (2296 bytes)
[329.588] MainThread : Error: 328 memory leaks in 'Engine' (29064 bytes)
CinematicsUpdate: exit
ClientGame::UpdateWorld: exit
CollectGarbage: exit

Comments

• YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hi mate, off the top of my head try checking your firewall settings, this maybe more of a steam issue than NS2.

This issue has been resolved before, see if this link may help you http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/133375/authentication-failed/p1

Regards
  • AndyDemonAndyDemon WV Join Date: 2014-08-15 Member: 197983Members
    edited June 2015
    yea i followed that i guess ill just sleep it off...BTW how can i contact NS support there email fails when i try and send anything apparently i found my problem and i have no clue how it happened...
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    AndyDemon wrote: »
    yea i followed that i guess ill just sleep it off...BTW how can i contact NS support there email fails when i try and send anything apparently i found my problem and i have no clue how it happened...

This is it.

Authentication failed can be caused by steam being down at the time. I've also had it happen when I've had to kill the process, and I relaunch the game quickly.
    Yea but it also happens cause VAC is retarded and detected something else i had going on on a SP game i had forgot to close too -.-
    Does anyone know a working &%#$@ email to contact unknownworlds support cause steam is retarded and apparently i triggered some kinda vac crap when i forgot to close my programs i had open for a private server mmo i was messing with -.- i can't find a email or anything this is my first and only game i ever had vac on =/ and i didn't even do anything to it just forgot to close programs that apparently vac doesnt like....
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    AndyDemon wrote: »
    Does anyone know a working &%#$@ email to contact unknownworlds support cause steam is retarded and apparently i triggered some kinda vac crap when i forgot to close my programs i had open for a private server mmo i was messing with -.- i can't find a email or anything this is my first and only game i ever had vac on =/ and i didn't even do anything to it just forgot to close programs that apparently vac doesnt like....

UWE won't be able to do anything about your VAC ban (I assume you're saying you got VAC banned).

Which programs would those be that you left open?
  • DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, there's nothing UWE / CDT can do about a VAC ban. That's Steam related. I don't think they'll do anything for you though. Sorry man.
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    ROFL so basicly:
    -we ban you
    -we wont tell you why
    -we wont do anything for you
    -we wont let you do anything with your payed-for possessions afterwards

Surely that policy cannot be legal..
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Im not sure if it would be a problem legally, as technically you can play every game you own.
    Just not on vac secure servers.

So if said game(s) have the option to run without vac...
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    CCTEE wrote: »
    ROFL so basicly:
    -we ban you
    -we wont tell you why

I mean, you agreed to it. You didn't read the terms of service?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    mattji104 wrote: »
    CCTEE wrote: »
    ROFL so basicly:
    -we ban you
    -we wont tell you why

I mean, you agreed to it. You didn't read the terms of service?

This is true, but some of steams practices are being overturned in court lately. It could be made illegal still.