Dead Stalkers... just hanging about...

LordSableLordSable Australia Join Date: 2015-03-14 Member: 202096Members
Hey, While exploring the Kelp Forest just recently I came across a few over friendly Stalkers... they literally would NOT leave me alone... so I got out my trusty knife and well, "neutralised" the threat. I obviously cant harvest them for meat or anything useful (stalker teeth!?) and they are just hanging out dead in the water. I can push them a little (which is amusing because they still do the swim animation) but I can't seem to find a way to remove them.

Comments

• TotallyLemonTotallyLemon Atlanta Georgia Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204764Members
    LordSable wrote: »
    Hey, While exploring the Kelp Forest just recently I came across a few over friendly Stalkers... they literally would NOT leave me alone... so I got out my trusty knife and well, "neutralised" the threat. I obviously cant harvest them for meat or anything useful (stalker teeth!?) and they are just hanging out dead in the water. I can push them a little (which is amusing because they still do the swim animation) but I can't seem to find a way to remove them.

Yea, dead flora and fauna needs to biodegrade. I guess it's just something the devs will eventually get around to.

• sharvysharvy North Carolina Join Date: 2015-04-28 Member: 203902Members
    Charlie the leader might
  • ConeshotConeshot Join Date: 2015-03-13 Member: 202091Members
    Lol yeah, had a bone shark sculpture in a previous save!
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    I'm hoping dead life sinks to the bottom and attracts certain species that eat them over time. Nothing graphic. This might be a way of attracting certain species that would otherwise be hidden.

Like the ability to collect hagfish, research them, and get an upgrade - like a super slippery substance that you can apply to the seamoth to make it move faster.
  • sharvysharvy North Carolina Join Date: 2015-04-28 Member: 203902Members
    Racer1 wrote: »
    I'm hoping dead life sinks to the bottom and attracts certain species that eat them over time. Nothing graphic. This might be a way of attracting certain species that would otherwise be hidden.

Like the ability to collect hagfish, research them, and get an upgrade - like a super slippery substance that you can apply to the seamoth to make it move faster.

pretty cool dude
  • TotallyLemonTotallyLemon Atlanta Georgia Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204764Members
    We need a scavenger species. Perhaps there could be several creatures.
  • FisteFiste USA Join Date: 2015-05-26 Member: 204924Members
    We need a scavenger species. Perhaps there could be several creatures.

A scavenger species would be great, also should be able to harvest something from dead large fish, crafting materials, food, research items.
  • solar71solar71 usa Join Date: 2015-06-06 Member: 205276Members
    yes yes yes. 100% agree yes!!!